Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. Some of these have links to previously written posts for more detail.
Monday, February 10, 2014:
- Foxwoods Bus Trip (8:30 am from the Senior Center)
Wednesday, February 12, 2014:
- Senior Center Book Group (11:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: The group will discuss The Midwife of Hope River by Patricia Harmon. This group is moderated by the Southborough Library’s Pat Ellis.
- NSPAC – Extended School Year presentation (6:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Northborough Public Library: Northborough/Southborough Parent Advisory Council presentation on special needs students’ Extended School Year (ESY). This event is open to the public, walk-ins welcome.
- ARHS Winter Instrumental Concert (7:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School’s auditorium: The concert will feature Algonquin’s concert band, symphonic band, wind ensemble, orchestra and jazz bands. They will perform a wide variety of repertoire with music by Bernstein, Mozart, Bach and more.
- Romance Writer panel (7:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Part of the library’s New England Author Series, the panel features authors Dalton Diaz, Laura Spinella and Marissa Doyle. They will speak from their experience on the rapidly burgeoning field of romance writing. Free and open to the public.
Thursday, February 13, 2014:
- Trottier Early Release for Parent Conferences
Friday, February 14, 2014:
- Breakfast Club – History of the Burnett Family (10:00 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: The Southborough Historical Society will present a history of one of Southborough’s prominent historical families. Share your stories or any memorabilia you may have. The historical society is looking for photos, especially color photos of milk trucks. Suggested Donation: $6 for Friends of Senior Center members $10 for non-members. Enjoy breakfast prior to the presentation. Please pre-register at the front desk or by calling (508) 229-4453.
- Valentine’s Day Party (for 5 and under) (10:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Southborough Recreation, 2nd Floor, 21 Highland Street: A free party for children 5 and under and their caregivers. This is for residents only. Highlights include free professional face painting, candy heart sorting and counting, crafts, and light refreshments.
- Parent’s Night Out by St. Mark’s Church (5:00 – 8:30 pm) @ St Mark’s Episcopal Church: Children ages 3-grade 5 will enjoy an evening of games, pizza, snacks, crafts, skits, and a rated G movie! The babysitting fee is based on number of children per family. Permission slips and more information are available at the Saint Mark’s church office at 508-481-1917 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. All children are welcome; no church affiliation is expected.
Saturday, February 15, 2014:
- Senior & Cub Scouts Valentine’s Day luncheon & Bingo (12:00 – 12:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Annual event with Cub Scouts is sponsored by Pack 26. Please call (508) 229-4453 to sign up!
For more event details and more events, check the Event Calendar.