Before I list the town government’s “open meetings” for the week, I want to highlight some other government meetings this week and next.
This week, the Public meeting on Main Street Reconstruction project will be held by Department of Public Works. It takes places 7:00 pm on Wednesday, April 2, 2014 at the Southborough Senior Center, 9 Cordaville Road.
The DPW and the town contractor for the Main Street reconstruction project will explain the plan and answer questions from the community. (See their website for related materials and video.)
Next week are some meetings that deserve an advance heads up:
- The Public Hearing on Warrant Article to rezone 40 Mount Vickery Road (Gulbankian family’s property) will be held by the Planning Board on Monday, April 7, 2014, 7:00 PM @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda)
- A FEMA Informational Session will be held for the public on Thursday, April 10, 2014, 5:00 – 8:00 pm @ Southborough Senior Center, 9 Cordaville Road (Related Warrant article materials): FEMA representatives will be available to answer questions from the community about how changes to the new flood maps effect them. This is a “drop in” format, for individual discussions, not a presentation.
Now here are the town committee and board meetings for this week. Be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For a complete list of meetings, visit the town website.
All these meetings are open to the public, so you’re welcome to stop on by. Don’t know where the meeting room is? Give a shout in the comments and I’ll do my best to help.
Tuesday, April 01, 2014
- Northborough/Southborough Regional School Committee Policy Development, 5:00 PM @ Office of the Superintendent, 53 Parkerville Road (agenda)
- Assabet Valley Regional High School Committee, 7:00 PM @ School Committee Conference Room, Assabet Valley Regional High School, 215 Fitchburg Street, Marlborough (agenda)
- Zoning Board of Appeals, 7:00 PM @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discussion of proposed Medical Marijuana Dispensary bylaws (You can find materials on that warrant article here.)
- Youth Commission, 7:15 PM @ Fayville Village Hall, 42 Central Street (agenda)
- Advisory Committee, 7:30 PM @ Room B, Cordaville Hall, 9 Cordaville Road (agenda, website with communications & packet materials) Agenda Highlights: Warrant article positions
- Recreation Commission, 7:30 PM @ Room B, Cordaville Hall, 9 Cordaville Road (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joining Advisory Committee to discuss Warrant Article on 911 field
Thursday, April 03, 2014
- Conservation Commission, 7:30 PM @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Additional stockpiling at Park Central
Updated (3/31/14 7:05 pm) The DPW meeting on Wednesday is at 7:00 pm