Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Monday, March 31, 2014:
- Rep. Dykema Local Office Hours (8:00 – 9:00 am) @ Red Barn Coffee, 20 Turnpike Rd, (Rte 9 Eastbound): Representative Dykema will holding her quarterly office hours in town. Residents are encouraged to stop in to the office hours to share concerns, questions and opinions on state issues or simply to chat over a cup of coffee.
Tuesday, April 01, 2014:
- NSPAC’s “Coffee and Connect” (10:00 – 12:00 pm) @ Northborough Library: Northborough/Southborough Special Education Parent Advisory Council monthly session. A specific topic of discussion is chosen by the participants of that session and time is also allocated for sharing and brainstorming on challenges and unmet needs.
Wednesday, April 02, 2014:
- Technology Days (2:15 – 3:30 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Please join a group of Algonquin students for an hour of technology assistance. Students will answer all of your questions about cellphones, iPads, laptops, e-readers and more. Please write your questions down ahead of time so that everything can be answered.
- DPW meeting on Main Street Reconstruction project (7:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: DPW Director Karen Galligan and town contractor for the Main Street reconstruction project will explain the plan and answer questions
Thursday, April 03, 2014:
- ARHS Technical Career Fair (12:25 – 1:50 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School
- Fay Day Camp Open Houses (6:30 – 8:30 pm) @ Fay’s Primary School, located at 25 Middle Road: Learn more about Fay’s summer programs for children ages 3-15. Meet FaySummer’s camp director and tour Fay School’s campus to see where camp takes place. Enter a drawing at the open house to win one free week of day camp.
Friday, April 04, 2014:
- Woodward School Family Wingo Night (5:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Woodward Elementary School: Bingo fundraiser for Woodward SOS. Two sessions of “Wingo” with prizes at 5:15-6:30 and 6:45-8:00; game booklets sold at $3 ea or 2 for $5. (Plan on 1-2 booklets per player.) Before or after game, buy raffle tickets, visit the Book Fair, or buy a pizza meal.
- Fay and St. Mark’s Choral Concert (7:30 pm) @ Class of ’45 Hall, Putnum Family Arts Center, St. Mark’s School: St. Mark’s is hosting a choral concert with St. Mark’s and Fay School’s choirs
Saturday, April 05, 2014:
- Kids concert with David Garden (11:00 – 11:45 ) @ Southbrough Public Library, 25 Main Street: David Garden from Music Together returns to the library with music that’s just right for toddlers and preschoolers. All are welcome to dance and sing along! Drop-in, no registration required. Sponsored by the Together We Can Family Network.
- e-book Help Sessions (12:00 – 3:30 pm) @: The Library has many e-books available for you devices. This informational session will help you learn to download titles from our Library online. This is also a great time to ask any questions you might have. Or let them know about books you would like to made available for E-Readers/devices. The sign up sheet for this event is located at the Front Desk or you can register by calling 508-485-5031.
- Hop into Spring Savings (1:00 – 3:00 pm) @ Southborough Recreation Department, South Union Playground, 21 Highland Street: Family fun with refreshment. Enter a free raffle for one week of Summer Camp or sign up for Early Bird rates. At 1:30, Storyteller, Todd Goodwin will entertain with campfire stories and sing-a-longs for children of all ages. Friends of the Southborough Recreation Dept. will sell reduced rate passes for recreation programs: $50 Credit Voucher for $30; $100 Credit Voucher for $60. (First come first served, one per family please.)
- Rabies Clinic for Cats (2:00 – 3:00 pm) @ Behind the DPW Office Building, 147 Cordaville Road: Sponsored by the Southborough Board Of Health. Dr. Sharon Westphal And Dr. Joan Ogden of Southborough Veterinary Hospital will administer rabies vaccines. Cats must be brought in their carriers, $15 per cat.
- Rabies Clinic for Dogs (3:00 – 4:00 pm) @ Behind the DPW Office Building, 147 Cordaville Road: Sponsored by the Southborough Board Of Health. Dr. Sharon Westphal And Dr. Joan Ogden of Southborough Veterinary Hospital will administer rabies vaccines. Dogs must be on leashes, $15 per dog.
- Spring Grand Wine Tasting (3:00 – 6:00 pm) @ Panzano Provviste e Vino, Turnpike Road, Southborough, MA, United States: There will be 30-40 wines open to taste. Admission is free.