Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week, plus a Worcester event with Southborough roots. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Saturday, April 12, 2014:
- Metrowest Early Childhood Care & Preschool Fair (9:00 – 11:00 am) @ Fay’s Primary School, 25 Middle Road: Meet with childcare centers and preschools located in Metrowest Massachusetts in one location during one morning. While you are here, you and your child can participate in Jedster the Jester’s Circus Show (see listing below). Please visit www.fayschool.org/preschoolfair for a list of schools attending.
- Jedster the Jester’s Circus Show (9:30 – 10:30 am) @ Fay’s Primary School, 25 Middle Road: Come and watch Jedster the Jester perform amazing circus tricks, and then learn how to do them yourself at home! Circus tricks include juggling, balancing plates, making balloon animals, and basic magic. (This will take place during the above listed fair.)
- Fay Day Camp Open House (12:00 pm – 1:30 pm) @ Fay’s Primary School, 25 Middle Road: Learn about Fay’s summer programs for children ages 3-15 at an Open House! Meet FaySummer’s camp director and tour Fay School’s campus to see where camp takes place. Tours will run from 12:00-12:30 p.m. and an info session and Q&A will follow.
- Steeple Cofeehouse (7:30 pm) @ Pilgrim Church, 15 Common Street: Dave Pietro and his Trio will perform. Doors open at 7:00 pm. Please bring a donation for the Southborough Food Pantry. Proceeds from coffee and desserts go towards local charities. In advance: $17 General/$15 Students & Seniors. At the door: $20 General/$17 Students & Seniors. For more details, check www.steeplecoffeehouse.org.
Sunday, April 13, 2014:
- MICCA Gold Medal Showcase – Trottier performers (11:00 am) Mechanics Hall, Worcester: Trottier Middle School’s 7th and 8th Grade Band earned the right to play in Massachusetts Instrumental & Choral Conductors Association’s 16th annual Gold Medal Showcase.
- Cutler Festival – St. Mark’s concert (6:30 – 6:30 pm) @ Class of ’45 Hall, Putnum Family Arts Center, St. Mark’s School: Annual jazz festival. Performing will be the St. Mark’s Jazz Band, MIT Jazz Ensemble, and Bill Pierce Quartet