Police are reminding the community that the deadline for applying to the department is this coming Friday.
This weekend, officers transported a man who had been sleeping in the woods and ousted some campers. Read about those incidents and more in the latest logs from the Southborough Police Department.
Friday, May 09, 2014:
- 0115 hrs- An officer on patrol checked on a suspicious vehicle that was parked in the parking lot of a Southville Road business. The operator and the vehicle checked out ok.
- 0226 hrs- Officers assisted a disabled motorist on Central Street.
- 0720 hrs- Officers investigated a report of two people camping in the woods behind a Turnpike Road business. The responding officers located the campers and advised them that they would have to leave the area.
- 0844 hrs- Officers responded to Turnpike Road to investigate a report of two vehicles involved in a road rage incident. The responding officer reported back that the vehicles were no longer in the area.
- 1130 hrs- Officers assisted a disabled motorist on Main Street.
- 1159 hrs- Officers investigated a parking complaint on Orchard Road.
- 1453 hrs- An officer on patrol reported that a median barrier on Turnpike Road had been damaged in the area of Breakneck Hill Road. Mass DOT was notified of the damage.
Saturday, May 10, 2014:
- 0318 hrs- Officers investigated a one car, motor vehicle accident on Turnpike Road and Coslin Drive. No injuries were reported at the scene of the accident.
- 0319 hrs- Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Rockpoint Road residence.
- 0842 hrs- A purse was found at a Cordaville Road business. The purse was brought to the station and entered as found property.
- 1255 hrs- A motorist from Ashland, MA was issued a Criminal Application for Operating a Motor Vehicle with a Revoked Registration; Operating an Unregistered Motor Vehicle; and Operating an Uninsured Motor Vehicle.
- 1304 hrs- Officers conducted a requested well-being check on a Turnpike Road resident.
- 1813 hrs- An officer took a report of a phone scam from a resident of Sears Road.
- 1832 hrs- An officer responded to a Cordaville Road business to assist a motorist in finding a lost set of keys.
- 2142 hrs- An officer investigated a parking complaint on Latisquama Road.
Sunday, May 11, 2014:
- 0600 hrs- An officer took a vandalism report from a Wentworth Drive resident.
- 0605 hrs- An officer responded to Turnpike Road to investigate a report of a man sleeping in the woods. The individual was located and checked out ok. The officer provided the male party with a civilian transport into Westborough.
- 0833 hrs- Waltham Police requested assistance from Southborough Police in making a notification to a resident of Southborough.
- 0913 hrs- An officer investigated a parking complaint on Latisquama Road.
- 1246 hrs- Officers assisted a disabled motorist on Johnson Road.
- 1339 hrs- A medical was reported at a Marlboro Road residence.
- 1541 hrs- Officers responded to Southville Road to investigate a report of a tree down across the roadway. The DPW responded to the scene and removed the tree.
- 1542 hrs- Officers investigated a report of malfunctioning traffic lights on Turnpike Road and Crystal Pond Road. Mass DOT was notified and responded to the scene.
- 1748 hrs- Officers assisted a disabled motorist on Turnpike Road.
- 1804 hrs- An officer responded to Pine Hill Road to investigate a report of a motorcycle speeding in the area. The motorcycle had left the area prior to the officer arriving on scene.
- 1906 hrs- An officer conducted a requested well-being check on a Boston Road resident.
- 1954 hrs- Officers responded to William Colleary Lane to investigate a report of two suspicious vehicles parked at the end of the road. The vehicles were located and both checked out ok.
- 2041 hrs- Officers assisted a disabled motorist on Turnpike Road.
- 2048 hrs- A medical was reported at a Carriage Hill Circle residence.
To view past Police Logs, click here.