Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Monday, June 09, 2014:
- French/English Storytime for Preschoolers (10:30 am) @ Southborough Library: A special French/English storytime for preschoolers. All are welcome – no need to register. You do not need to speak French to enjoy this event of stories and related craft.
- ARHS Underclassmen Awards Night (7:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School auditorium: All are welcome
Wednesday, June 11, 2014:
- Chemical Safety storytime (10:30 am) @ Southborough Library: Special Storytime for Preschoolers – Sing with Me and Be Chemical Free! Stories and songs for young children followed by a talk about chemicals and safety in the home.
- Senior Center Book Group (11:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Pat Ellis from the Southborough Library runs a book club for the Senior Center the second Wednesday of every month. Call (508) 229-4453 if you would like to join. Feel free to sit in on one of the sessions.
- Legos at the Library (3:45 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Children are welcome to come build with Legos, and display their creations in the Children’s Room. Legos will be provided, but all materials need to remain at the library. Parents or caregivers must stay with children during this event.
- Cub Scout Info Night (6:30 – 8:00 pm) @ Finn School cafeteria: Southborough Packs 1, 26 and 921 are inviting boys entering grades 1-4 in the fall to join Cub Scouting. Parents can drop in to this open house to learn more about scouting, ask questions, and sign up. (Expect to send about 30 minutes.) For more details, click on the flyer to enlarge.
Thursday, June 12, 2014:
- Dykema Campaign Kick-off and Fundraiser Party (6:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Jasper Hill Bistro and Café, 770 Washington St., Holliston: Stop by to visit with Carolyn, eat a bite, and have a drink. For more details, click on the flyer to enlarge.
- Algonquin Parent Teacher Organization meeting (7:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School
Friday, June 13, 2014:
- History of Burnett Family (10:00 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: Breakfast Club presentation Suggested donation $6 for Friends of COA members, $10 for nonmembers Please call and sign up to attend this event 508-229-4453. For more details, see dedicated post.