Well, let’s face it – Southborough isn’t the hub of Broadway musicals, but you can sure catch a few performances this summer at local venues.
Since the Southborough Players dissolved in 2009, our town has been without its own community theaters. Fall through spring, school plays can fit the bill. But for the summer months, My Southborough’s Events Calendar will include community theater performed in nearby towns.
This Monday, Friends of Broadway Dream Tour will be stopping in Sudbury. The performance is at 7:00 pm at Haskell Field in Sudbury.
Local theater groups that have listed upcoming performances are:
River’s Edge Arts Alliance @ Hudson High School:
- Jack and the Beanstalk and The Wizard of Oz – Friday, July 11, 1:00 pm
- Annie, jr. – July 17-18, 7:00 pm
- Country Mouse, City Mouse – July 25, 1:00 pm
- 42nd Street -July 25-26, 7:30 pm
- Annie, Jr. (July 26 at 6:00 pm) @ Congregation B’nai Shalom, Westborough [Note: For Dinner Theater option – doors open at 5:00 pm]
- Free theater summer series – every Friday at 1:00 pm in various locations: Who’s Under my Bridge (July 11), Magic Wings (July 18), Yellow Tails (July 18), Olympus (July 25), The Great Race (August 1), The Golden Goose (August 1), Olympus (August 15), The Candy House (August 22)
- The Dixie Swim Club (August 1, 2, 8, 9 at 8:00 pm & August 3, 10 at 2 pm) @ Amazing Things Art Center, 160 Hollis St, Framingham
- I love you, you’re perfect, now change (August 15, 16, 22, 23 at 8:00 pm & August 17 at 2:00 pm) @ The Willows in Westborough
If you know of other plays in the immediate vicinity, please share it in the comments.
Updated (7/7/14 9:35 am): Skyrise changed the schedule and details for their Annie, jr. production.
Unless Jack is making soup it is jack and the Beanstalk
Funny. I just made the change from Bean Stock. I assume Alyssa’s computer autocorrected her post!