Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Tuesday, July 08, 2014:
- Drop-in Craft Days (10:00 am – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Stop by the Children’s Room between 10:00 am to 5:00 p.m. and make a craft project! Parents/Caregivers need to stay with the children.
Wednesday, July 09, 2014:
- Summer BBQ (1:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Annual celebration for senior center staff, volunteers, and resident seniors. Requires advance registration and fills up quickly. See dedicated post for details.
- One School, One Book, One Community (6:30 – 7:30 pm) @ Southborough Library: The Northborough and Southborough libraries will be hosting the event planning committee. The community is invited to participate in planning events for the book. This year’s book is Unwind by Neal Shusterman. (Event Audience: Young Adult)
- Pajama Story Time (7:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Come to the library in your pajamas to hear stories! This event will be held outside on the lawn, weather permitting, so bring a blanket. (In inclement weather, it will be held in the Children’s Room.) All welcome and no registration is necessary.
Thursday, July 10, 2014:
- Storyteller (2:30 – 3:30 pm) @ Southborough Library: Storyteller Diane Edgecomb will be at the Library to share stories about “Water Wizards”. This program is supported in part by a grant from the Southborough Cultural Arts Council.
- Macramé Nauticals – for teens (5:30 – 6:30 pm) @ Southborough Library: Learn the pattern of knots used to create macramé. Once popular in the 1970’s, these summer wristbands are back! Choose ‘nautical’ white or go patriotic for July. Learn the knots and leave with the tools to make more! This program is for teens. For more information, contact Naomi at 508-485-5031.
- Southborough Summer Concert Series (6:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Neary School field by the tennis courts. Event organizers tell me that this week’s band, Chuck and Mud is a great one for all ages, even kids. (You can preview their style here.) Remember to pack a picnic blanket or chairs to enjoy your dinner while watching the concert. But don’t pack dinner! Concessions sold at event are to raise funds for Send a Kid to Camp. (Rain Date: Thursday, July 17th. To check status that day, call 508-485-0710 and press 8.)