Last week, vacationing Main Street homeowners returned to find their house had been robbed. (If you have information that may help, please contact Detective McCarthy at (508) 485-2121.)
Other serious charges under investigation are reports of indecent exposure and witness intimidation.
On the lighter side, a reportedly spotted handgun turned out to be a toy.
Read about those incidents and more in the latest logs from the Southborough Police Department.
Monday, July 7, 2014:
- 0155 hrs- An officer investigated a report of malfunctioning traffic lights on Cordaville Road by the entrance to the DPW.
- 0648 hrs- Officers investigated a noise complaint at a Turnpike Road business.
- 0945 hrs- Officers assisted a disabled motorist on Turnpike Road.
- 1036 hrs- Officers investigated an indecent exposure complaint that occurred on Parkerville Road. The matter is currently under investigation.
- 1221 hrs- Officers investigated a two car, motor vehicle accident on Turnpike Road. No injuries were reported at the scene of the accident.
- 1401 hrs- Solicitors registered with the police department.
- 1858 hrs- Officers investigated a possible burglary at a Main Street residence. Homeowners returned from vacation to find signs of a past break-in at their residence. The detective unit is currently investigating the incident. If you have any information, please contact Det. McCarthy at (508) 485-2121.
- 1907 hrs- Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Deerfoot Road residence.
- 2010 hrs- Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Breakneck Hill Road residence.
- 2140 hrs- Officers responded to Pine Hill Road to investigate a report of three, suspicious motor vehicles in the area. The vehicles were located and checked out ok.
Tuesday, July 8, 2014:
- 0645 hrs- A medical was reported at a Turnpike Road business.
- 0653 hrs- Officers investigated a four (4) car, motor vehicle accident on Turnpike Road. No injuries were reported at the scene of the accident.
- 0909 hrs- An officer investigated a witness intimidation complaint at a Turnpike Road business. The incident is currently under investigation by the detective unit.
- 0925 hrs- Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Parkerville Road residence.
- 1135 hrs- A medical was reported at a Cordaville Road business.
- 1247 hrs- Officers assisted a disabled motorist on Turnpike Road.
- 1355 hrs- A Cordaville Road resident reported a missing passport at the police station.
- 1403 hrs- Officers responded to Cordaville Road to investigate a report of a woman crying in a parked motor vehicle. The woman was located and checked out ok. She was provided a civilian transport to Marlborough.
- 1756 hrs- Officers assisted a disabled motorist on Turnpike Road.
- 1925 hrs- A bicyclist came into the station to report that items were taken from their bike, while it was parked in front of St. Marks Church. An officer took a report on the incident.
- 1930 hrs- Officers investigated a burglar alarm at the Town Hall on Common Street.
- 2259 hrs- Officers checked on a suspicious motor vehicle that was parked on Sears Road.
- 2337 hrs- Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Turnpike Road business.
Wednesday, July 09, 2014:
- 0041 hrs- Officers investigated a motor vehicle vs. deer accident on Framingham Road.
- 0405 hrs- An officer on patrol checked on a suspicious motor vehicle that was parked on Turnpike Road. The vehicle and the driver checked out ok.
- 0541 hrs- Officers investigated an abandoned 911 call from a Central Street residence.
- 0628 hrs- Officers investigated a second, abandoned 911 call from the same Central Street residence. The call was determined to be a result of a faulty phone line.
- 0818 hrs- Officers checked on a report of a loose, black Labrador retriever in the area of Parkerville Road. The Animal Control Officer was also notified of the incident.
- 0848 hrs- A resident reported finding a handgun in the area of Woodland Road. Officers responded to the area, and soon determined that the gun was a ‘cap’ gun. The cap gun was then taken into police custody.
- 1823 hrs- Officers investigated a hit & run motorcycle accident in the parking lot of a Boston Road business. No injuries were reported from the scene of the accident.
- 2210 hrs- Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Turnpike Road business.
Thursday, July 10, 2014:
- 0305 hrs- Southborough Officers provided mutual aid to Westborough Police at the scene of a possible Breaking & Entering on Flanders Road in Westborough.
- 0733 hrs- A motorist from Westborough was issued a Criminal Application for Operating a Motor Vehicle with a Revoked Registration.
- 0739 hrs- An officer took a Larceny by Check report at the police station. The incident is currently under investigation.
- 0826 hrs- Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Carriage Hill Circle residence.
- 0927 hrs- ARRESTED: A Southborough man was placed under arrest on Turnpike Road after he was found to have multiple, active arrest warrants out for his arrest.
- 1206 hrs- Solicitors registered at the police station.
- 1550 hrs- Solicitors registered at the police station.
- 2106 hrs- Northborough Police requested that a Southborough officer check on a resident of Main Street. No one was home at the residence, and Northborough Police were advised.
To view past Police Logs, click here.