Here is a selection of the committee and board meetings for the week along with selected highlights from the agendas. All these meetings are open to the public, so you’re welcome to stop on by.
Be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For a complete list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, July 14, 2014:
- Planning Board, 7:00 PM @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Approval Not Required plans to demolish Garfield House; Goals for 2015 and Annual Town Meeting; Abutter discussion – Heritage Crossing Definitive Subdivision
Tuesday, July 15, 2014:
- Library Board of Trustees, 6:00 PM @ Book Sale Room, Southborough Public Library (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Priorities for FY15 goals, Action Plan for long term goals
- Board of Selectmen, 6:30 PM @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda with packet) Agenda Highlights: Interviews for new police officer; Narcan use policy. Joint meetings with Planning Board, Economic Development Committee and Zoning Board of Appeals. (See those agenda items below)
- Planning Board, 6:30 PM @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joining BOS meeting to elect new Planning Board member
- Economic Development Committee, 6:45/7:00 PM @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint meeting with BOS – presentation by Maureen Dunne of Framingham State Univ of the MetroWest Economic Research Center (MERC). Includes summary report on the businesses and industry sectors in Southborough including employment numbers by industry with comparisons to the MetroWest and State. [The posted agenda is for 7:00 pm. But a committee member asked me to advise arrival by 6:45 pm.]
- Zoning Board of Appeals, 8:00 PM @ Town House (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Request for continuance of Park Central 40B public hearings by developer (discussion in Building Inspector’s office on 2nd floor); Joining BOS Meeting in Hearing Room to discuss new ZBA Appointment(s).
Wednesday, July 16, 2014:
- Southborough Housing Authority, 6:30 PM @ 49 Boston Road (agenda)
Thursday, July 17, 2014:
- Conservation Commission, 7:30 PM @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda)
Updated (7/14/14 at 7:56 am): EDC member asked me to share news on MERC report.
Updated (7/14/14 at 9:10 am): I just learned what the “ANR” on Planning Board agenda meant. Look for more detail in a post later today.