Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Tuesday, March 17, 2015:
- St. Patrick’s Day Party (12:30 – 1:30 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Annual party with lunch and entertainment. For details, see dedicated post.
- St. Patrick’s Day Dinner (5:00 – 7:00 pm) @ Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School: By reservation only. For details, see dedicated post.
- United Parishes’ Lenten series (6:00 – 8:00 pm) @ St. Mark’s Church: The United Parishes of Southborough are inviting the community to their 13th annual Lenten series. For details, see dedicated post.
Wednesday, March 18, 2015:
- Make Soups that are Healthy and Tasty! (11:30 am – 12:30 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Free demonstration by the Senior Center’s dietitian Karen White. Karen will demonstrate how to make 2 soups that are quick, easy, not many ingredients and healthy. You will also get the recipes and be able to taste the finished soups.
- Technology Days (2:15 – 3:30 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Please join a group of Algonquin students for an hour of technology assistance. Students will answer all of your questions about cellphones, iPads, Laptops, e-readers and more. Please write your questions down ahead of time so that everything can be answered.
Thursday, March 19, 2015:
- Divorce seminar (10:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Route 9 Legal Center, 304 Turnpike Road: The Massachusetts Family Law Group is offering free Divorce Seminar. For details, see dedicated post.
- Algonquin Idol (7:00 – 7:00 pm) @ Algonquin regional high school, auditorium: School lip sync contest. Tickets – $1 for seniors, $5 for all others. [Editor’s Note: I found quite a few fun performances from past years posted to You Tube under an Algonquin Idol search. Check them out here.]
Friday, March 20, 2015:
- Forces Around You – Science Around You (10:30 am – 10:30 am) @ Southborough Library, lower level, Eaton Room: This is a fun science program for little scientists ages 3-6. In this session, children will learn about gravity and magnetic force. Registration is required. Supported by the Southborough Community Fund, a Fund of the Foundation for MetroWest
- Putt Putt Palooza (5:30 – 7:30 pm) @ Finn School, Richards Road, Southborough, MA, United States: Annual SOS fundraiser for Finn School Indoor mini-golf, carnival games, pizza and bake sale Fun activities for a range of young children (not just Finn students) Entry is $10 at the door or $30 per family. Finn families can pay in advance: $7 per person or $25 per family. The event organizers are looking for volunteers to bake or help out at the event. (If you have questions, you can contact email@example.com.) See dedicated post.