Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Friday, April 10, 2015
- Woodward School Family Wingo Night (5:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Woodward Elementary School: Bingo fundraiser for Woodward SOS 2 sessions of “Wingo” with prizes at 5:15-6:30 and 6:45-8:00; game booklets sold at $10 ea or 3 for $25. (Each booklet has 5 games in it.) The cost also includes additional chances to win prizes. Before or after game, buy raffle tickets, visit the Book Fair, or buy a pizza meal. See dedicated post for details.
- Sachem Spring Coffeehouse (7:00 pm) @ Black Box Theater, Algonquin Regional High School: Up to 20 performances from student musicians, singers, or performer of any kind. $5 per person or $4 per senior. (Click thumbnail to the right to enlarge a picture from last fall’s coffeehouse. More photos are available on NSMA’s Facebook page.)
Saturday, April 11, 2015
- Hop into Spring Savings (1:00 – 3:00 pm) @ Southborough Recreation Department, 21 Highland Street: An afternoon of family fun at the South Union Building. The free festivities now include music by David Gardner, face painting, balloon animals, refreshments and a raffle for a free week of camp. Limited number of reduced rate vouchers will be for sale. See dedicated post for details with entertainment timing.
- Steeple Coffeehouse (7:30 pm) @ Pilgrim Church’s Fellowship Hall, 15 Common Street: Performing – The Kennedys Doors open at 7:00 pm for 7:30 show. In advance: $15 General/$12 Students & Seniors (Brown Paper Tickets – www.brownpapertickets.com/producer/6660) At the door: $18 General/$15 Students & Seniors For more details, check www.steeplecoffeehouse.org or call 508 281 9995. See dedicated post for details.
Sunday, April 12, 2015
- Historical Museum open (1:00 – 3:00 pm) @ 12 Common Street: A treasure trove of interesting material and there are exhibits about our town history. All are welcome. The Historical Society would be grateful to any history buffs that care to help out with staffing. See dedicated post for details.
- Cutler Jazz Festival (6:30 pm) @ St. Mark’s School, Putnum Family Arts Center, the Class of ’45 Hall.: St. Mark’s School invites Southborough residents to attend their annual jazz festival. This year, it features St. Mark’s Jazz Band and Brian Thomas/Alex Lee-Clark Big Band. See dedicated post for details.