Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Monday, May 18, 2015
- Class of 2015- Scholastic Awards Night (7:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
- Walking Trails of Southborough (9:30 am) @ park and meet at the Walnut Street cul de sac: Seniors are invited to join Mary Ann Anderson in walking one of our local trails. This walk will be through the Wilfred J. Turenne Wildlife Habitat and Bird Garden located at the end of Walnut Street (located off of Oak Hill Road). Discover the beautiful open space right in our back yard. See dedicated post for details.
Wednesday, May 20, 2015
- Silent Movies (12:30 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Silent movie pianist Richard Hughes takes us on a “trip into the past” when films flickered in black and white and people listened to the upright piano play the exciting ‘Mood Music’. Lunch will be served. Suggested Donation: $6 for Friends of COA members; $10 for non-members. See dedicated post for details.
- SCORE Open for small business (6:30 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Library: The Economic Development Committee is hosting an open house for small business owners and entrepreneurs. (Or even those just thinking about launching a business.) The evening will introduce the community to a free “tremendous local resource – the SCORE network.” The EDC encourages: Invest an hour in your business – Learn what SCORE can do for your business. For more details, see dedicated post or read the EDC’s new 2 page flyer by clicking thumbnails to the right.
Thursday, May 21, 2015
- ARHS Junior & Parent Workshop (7:30 am) @ Algonquin Regional High School
- ARHS Advanced Drama (8:00 pm) @ Algonquin’s Black Box Theater: Free performance by Algonquin Regional High School’s Advanced Drama students
Friday, May 22, 2015
- Bingo (12:30 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Come join Lena and Frank for an afternoon of Bingo, fun, prizes and of course Frank’s jokes. Bingo will start promptly at 12:30. The room will be open at noon if you would like to bring and enjoy your lunch before numbers are called.
Saturday, May 23, 2015
- Retirement party for Firefighter Joe Hubley (6:00 pm) @ Elk’s Lodge, 450 Union Avenue, Framingham: See dedicated post for details.
Sunday, May 24, 2015
- March for Miracles (11:00 am) @ Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School track: The annual fundraiser for Boston Children’s Hospital. The two mile walk around the track is only part of the day. Families are invited to enjoy carnival style games, music, a concession stand, raffle, a live animal show from Animal Adventures, and a dunk tank with five brave teachers and staff ready to be dunked! Tickets are just $10 for adults and $5 for children 12 and under. For more details, see dedicated post.