Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this weekend. Most are reminders. But, new to the list are a puppet show for young ones and a pie sale.
Friday, November 20, 2015
- ARHS Powder Puff fundraiser (6:30 – 6:30 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School: Algonquin junior and senior girls are holding a “Powder Puff” football game Tickets for tonight’s game are $3 for the general public, and $1 for high school seniors with a student ID. Proceeds will be donated to the Rustic Pathways Foundation.
Saturday, November 21, 2015
- Pie Sale (9:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ sidewalk outside Mauro’s, Main Street: First Community Church of Southborough will be holding a pie sale.
- Senior Center Autumn Fair (9:00 am – 2:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center, 9 Cordaville Road: Stop by and enjoy refreshments, browse our unique table offerings (hand knitted items, jewelry and attic treasures) and participate in our large raffle of local restaurants, goods and services. Lunch will also be available. All proceeds from the annual fundraiser benefit the Friends of the Council on Aging. The funds help them schedule innovative programs at the Senior Center. For more details, see dedicated post.
- Holiday Gifts on the Common (9:00 am – 3:00 pm) @ Community House, 28 Main Street: Booths and tables of local artisans selling their handcrafted wares: handcrafted baskets, children’s knits, pottery, jewelry, soaps, cards, glass and more. (Unlike at big craft shows, entrance is free.) For details, see dedicated post.
- 6th annual Dodgeball Tournament (9:00 am – 6:30 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School: Co-Ed Dodgeball competition for Grades 1-8 – split by age group Fundraiser organized by Algonquin Regional High School Boys Hockey Team To participate – pre-register by November 14. Entry fee $80 per team/ $10 per player (Guaranteed minimum of 3 matches) Two hours of non-stop dodgeball. For details, see dedicated post.
- Saturdays at Fay – Puppet Show (10:00 – 11:00 am) @ Fay School’s Primary School at 25 Middle Road: For children ages 2-8. Attendence is free and open to the public but space is limited, so please register for this event. This month’s program will feature Pumpernickel Puppets and a puppet show based on two classic fairy tales – Three Billy Goats Gruff and The Lion and the Mouse. A demonstration period will follow the show to give the audience some insight into what happens behind the scenes.
- International Games Day @ your library (10:30 am – 4:30 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: For all ages Join us- along with hundreds of other library- and play games at their library. We will have a variety of games for all ages. We will be playing games like Munchkins and Reverse Charades. Sponsored by the American Library Association.
Updated (11/21/15 2:25 pm) – Sorry for the typo. Somehow I had Woodward listed as the site for dodgeball. That’s happening at Algonquin today.
Please note …The Dodgeball tournament is at Algonquin, Saturday, November 21st. (not Woodward as mentioned above.)