With so much going on, I have split my weekend-at-a-glance post into three.
I already posted about Christmas festivities (Santa Day, parties, concerts, etc. and about non-holiday events.
This is post focuses on the many special sales and open houses taking place this weekend. (Know of another one in town? Share it in the comments.)
I’ve also included one event that is designed to help you take advantage of many of these Christmas Shopping opportunities.
Algonquin’s Junior class is holding a “Parents’ Afternoon Out”. The event is for kids ages 3+ on Saturday, December 5th from 1:00 – 5:00 pm at the school.
You can drop your kids off at the cafeteria for an afternoon of games, crafts, and fun while you get some holiday shopping done! The suggested donation is $20/child or $30/family—an absolute STEAL in the world of babysitting!
The teens will run the event, but under supervision of faculty. For details and a registration form, click here.
Now for shopping fun. . .
I’ve been notified about eight special sales and open houses. Some are for good causes. And a couple bring together multiple local vendors/artists.
Note: These aren’t in chronological order
- Friends of the Library Holiday Book & Bag Sale (Saturday, December 5, 10:30 am – 3:30 pm) @ Southborough Library: Annual fundraiser for the Friends of the Southborough Library. Selling book and tote bags. For more details, click here. (The sale coincides with the library’s Open House and overlaps with the children’s tree trimming party)
- Cub Scout Holiday Wreath Sale (Saturday, December 5): Pack 1 scouts will have wreaths in hand to sell at the Transfer Station (from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm) and the Community House (from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm). $12/wreath with bow, $10/wreath without bow. (Cash or check only.) Click here for flyer.
- Annual Kids Shop (Saturday, December 5, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm) @ Woodward School, cafeteria: Cub Scout Troop 92 provides a safe haven for kids to do their own holiday shopping for family members without parents’ prying eyes. See dedicated post for more details.
- Christmas Bazaar (Saturday, December 5, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm) @ St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 27 Main St: St. Mark’s Episcopal Church’s annual Christmas Bazaar Admission is free. Proceeds support our Youth Group Mission Trip and the Southborough Food Pantry Fuel Assistance Program. See dedicated post for more details.
- Chestnut Hill Art and Gift Sale (Saturday, December 5, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm) @ 10 Chestnut Hill Road: Shop for holiday gifts, meet local artists and artisans, and enjoy some Holiday cheer! Raffle to benefit The Recovery High School in Worcester, MA. Admission is free. See dedicated post for more details.
- Sew Studio – Christmas Shopping and Open House (Saturday, December 5, 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm) @ 155 Boston Road: Enjoy free hot chocolate and cookies while you shop. Local vendors will be selling a variety of items (most from local vendors) including jewelry, cards, prints, bags, healthy granola, t-shirts and, of course Sew Studio gifts and gift cards. Click here for their flyer.
- Strung Open Studio (Saturday and Sunday, December 5 and 6, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm) @ 15 Summit Road: Jewelry, discounts and bargain bins. For details, click here.
- Leeds Land Farm Crafts Holiday Open House (Saturdays and Sundays, December 5, 6, 12, and 13, 10:00 – 4:00 pm) @ 118 Middle Road: Handmade woolen hats, mittens, scarves , hand spun yarn, and hand woven rugs. Spinning wheel demonstration. Unique wood burned art. For details, call 508-481-6111.