Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. (For more, check the Event Calendar.)
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For the Southborough Library’s regular storytime programs, click here for their events page. For the Southborough Senior Center’s ongoing classes, click here for their calendar.]
Tuesday, November 8, 2016 (Election Day):
- No Public School: Professional Development for Northborough-Southborough K-12
- Kids Day Out (10:00 am – 2:00 pm) @ St. Mark’s Episcopal Church Parish Hall: Kids aged 3 – grade 5 are invited. Childcare will be given by CORI checked adults and the St. Mark’s youth group. Kids will enjoy do games, skits, snacks, crafts and other activities. For details, see dedicated post.
- Paper Owl Craft (1:30 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Craft for children. For details, click on flyer right.
- Fay’s Early Learning Center Info Session (7:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Fay’s Primary School, 23 Middle Road: Join Teri Lawrence, Acting Director of Fay’s Early Learning Center (ELC), to learn more about their new program for children ages 2 years, nine months through age 5, which will launch in September 2017. For details, visit fayschool.org/elc
Wednesday, November 9, 2016:
- Historic District Informational Meeting (7:15 pm) @ Town House, Hearing Room: Massachusetts Historical Commission will make a presentation on the benefits of having a Main Street downtown neighborhood designated as a National Register Historic District. For details, click on press release right. For more background, see dedicated post.
Thursday, November 10, 2016:
- Southborough Gardeners’ Guest Day (10:00 am) @ Pilgrim Church: Annual holiday fundraiser. This year’s guest presenter is Thelma Shoneman. She will be creating arrangements in front of the crowd to demonstrate floral designs you can use “Through the Holidays”. Enjoy, tea, coffee and “sweets & savories” while you watch. As always, there will be a drawing to determine winners of the designed pieces. For more details, see dedicated post.
- Legos at the Library (3:45 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Stop by the library anytime during the day for some Lego building fun! Legos will be provided but need to remain at the library.
- Rotary Club’s Veteran’s ceremony (7:00 pm) @ St. Mark’s School, Taft Hall: The evening will highlight and honor three Southborough veterans: Steve Whynot, Daniel Kolenda and Chris Robbins. The community is invited to hear them speak about their experiences. For details, see dedicated post.
Veteran’s Day, Friday, November 11, 2016:
- Veteran’s Day Parade & Ceremony (10:45 am): Short procession of veterans, service members,and scouts from the American Legion/VFW Headquarters (at the Community House) to the All Wars Memorial on the Common. It is followed by a public ceremony honoring Southborough veterans.
Sunday, November 13, 2016:
- Scouting For Food (9:00 am – noon): The public is asked to put out their Food Pantry contributions in bags by their mailboxes for scouts to pick up by 9:00 am. Scouts will be picking up donations throughout the morning with a goal of getting them to Pilgrim Church by noon for sorting. See dedicated post for details.
- Fay School Open House (1:00 – 3:30 pm) @ Park at Fay’s East Entranc, 23 Middle Road: Come learn about our program and meet our talented faculty, key administrators, parents, and students. For more details, visit www.fayschool.org/page/Open-House
- “The Time Has Come For Peace” concert (3:30 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School: The Assabet Valley Mastersingers are holding a concert for peace with ARHS’ chorus. Military service members and veterans can attend for free. There is a fee for the rest of the community to attend. For details, see dedicated post.