Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. (For more, check the Event Calendar.)
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For the Southborough Library’s regular storytime programs, click here for their events page. For the Southborough Senior Center’s ongoing classes, click here for their calendar.]
Monday, June 5, 2017
- Monday Night Mixed Doubles Round Robin (5:30 pm) @ Fay School Courts: Join Pat Richardson every Monday evening for a casual drop in Round Robin. This is for Advanced level tennis players and above. There is no fee but you are required to bring four cans of new tennis balls the first night you play. You will be playing fun and competitive matches and enjoy a great workout and meet new friends!!! Program is 5:30 to dusk.
Tuesday, June 6, 2017
- Boating for Seniors (10:00 am) @ Hopkinton State Park: A group of up to 8 people can utilize the Senior Center’s boating pass to use Kayaks, canoes, paddleboards, rowboats, and/or pedal boats. Pre-register at the Senior Center front desk or call at (508) 229‐4453.
- Young Scientists (11:30 am – 12:30 pm) @ Southborough Library, Eaton Meeting Room: The final session this spring. Free STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) program for kids age 3-5. Must be accompanied by a parent/caregiver (Siblings are welcome.) Registration is required. Call 508-485-5031.
- Legos at the Library (3:45 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Children are welcome to come build with Legos, and display their creations in the Children’s Room. Legos will be provided, but all materials need to remain at the library.
Wednesday, June 7, 2017
- NSPAC Meeting (10:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Northborough Library: Northborough/Southborough Special Education Parent Advisory Council’s final monthly meeting of school year. For details, see dedicated post.
- Art Workshop for Children (3:30 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Eaton Meeting Room: Children ages 5-9 are invited to be a part of the drop in art workshops. (Siblings allowed.) This session, the focus is “Sunprint Pillowcases”. Registration is not required.
- Cub Scout Recruiting Night (6:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Finn School cafeteria: Come Join Cub Scouts! (For Boys entering grades 1-4 in September) For details, see dedicated post.
Saturday, June 10, 2017
- St. Mark’s Prize Day (9:30 am) @ St. Mark’s School: The private school’s version of graduation begins with a hand shaking ceremony at 9:00 am, culminates in the 10:30 am Prize Day Ceremony and is followed by a luncheon. For details, see school website.
- Friends of the Library Book Sale (10:00 am – 3:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Join The Friends of the Southborough Library for the book sale fundraiser. For details, see dedicated post.
Sunday, June 11, 2017
- Cross Country Extravaganza (8:00 am) @ Algonquin Regional High School, Bartlett Street, Northborough: The ARHS Cross Country teams are raising funds by inviting the community to join them for a 3 mile run or walk. For details, see dedicated post.
- Southborough Trail Clean Up (12:00 – 2:00 pm) meet @ Woodward School: Volunteers will be split into two groups to pick up trash on the Sudbury Reservoir Trail. Trash bags and gloves will be provided. After cleanup, scouts will be given badges.
Updated (6/5/17 2:54 pm): I added a new event – Southborough Trail Clean Up on Sunday.