Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For those listings and more, check the Event Calendar.]
Wednesday, September 6, 2017
- Finn Principal’s Coffee (9:30 am) @ Finn Schol Cafeteria: Finn School Parents Volunteer/Room Parent Orientation Please join Principal Clayton Ryan and our SOS Chairs for an informational discussion on volunteering at Finn.
- Legos at the Library (3:45 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Children are welcome to come build with Legos, and display their creations in the Children’s Room. Legos will be provided, but all materials need to remain at the library. Parents or caregivers must stay with children during this event.
- Breath Meditate and Be Happy (7:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: The Southborough community is invited to a free meditation session. For details see dedicated post.
Thursday, September 7, 2017
- 6th Grade Parents Stone Orientation (5:30 – 6:15 pm) @ Trottier Middle School, auditorium: 6th Grade Parents ONLY – Informational night for parents about the 2 night trip to Stone Environmental camp in October
- Trottier Curriculum Night (6:15 – 8:00 pm) @ Trottier Middle School: Curriculum Night will run from 6:15 – 8:00. Detailed schedule will be emailed. Parents will need to bring copy or photo of their child’s schedule for Curriculum Night.
- Honeybees & Honey Tasting (7:00 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Library, Main Level: Kenneth Warchol, a veteran beekeeper, will share his knowledge about honeybees and the important role they play in our world. Audience members will have the opportunity to taste a variety of honey samples.
Friday, September 8, 2017
- Woodward Principal’s Coffee (9:30 am) @ Woodward Schol Cafeteria: Woodward School Parents Volunteer/Room Parent Orientation Please join Principal Mucci and our SOS Chairs for an informational discussion on volunteering at Woodward.
- Bee Kind Music Class (10:00 – 10:30 am) @ Playtown Express party room, 150 Cordaville Rd): Free sample interactive music class for tots 0-6 and parents. For details, see dedicated post.
- Southborough Community Fund Dinner (7:00 – 10:00 pm) @ St. Mark’s Church Hall, 27 Main St: The Southborough Community Fund is holding a special fundraising dinner – Cocktails & Catering by Peppers Tickets to the dinner are $150. Money will go to SCF’s continuing efforts to provide grants that “support community needs and opportunities”. For details, see dedicated post.
Saturday, September 9, 2017
- Fay School Farmers Market (9:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Harlow Circle in front of Fay’s Primary School, 25 Middle Rd: The market is open to all and will feature local produce, prepared food, and handmade goods by local vendors and Fay School faculty and staff. Join us, and bring your neighbors, as we celebrate our local farmers, delicious food, and a sustainable community! For details, click here.
- Free Juniors soccer (9:30 – 10:15 am) @ St. Mark’s School: The first of a 4-week free Juniors program being offered by Global Premier Soccer for 3-6 year olds. For details, see dedicated post.
- Meet the Farmer (10:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Chestnut Hill Farm: Monthly event – free to members but $5 per non-member. Meet the farmers who grow the food. Features educational and fun activities for kids and grown-ups. For details, see dedicated post.
- Meet & Greet for Tales and Tails (2:30 – 3:30 pm) @ Southborough Library, Eaton Meeting Room: Read with a dog! Children and parents can meet the dogs and their handlers at the Meet & Greet. This is an opportunity to ask questions and sign up to read with the dogs. This program is geared toward children in 2nd grade and up who already have some reading ability.