This is just a quick reminder of the Halloween fun that you don’t want to miss starting tomorrow.
Friday, October 27, 2017
- Trick or Treating at the Library (10:30 am – 4:30 pm) @ Southborough Library: All children are invited to wear their Halloween costumes and trick-or-treat at the library anytime during these Friday and Saturday hours. Drop in for Halloween themed crafts and games.
- SYFS’ Halloween Party (7:00 – 8:30 pm) @ Finn School cafeteria, 60 Richards Road: Southborough Youth and Family Services’ annual party for kids 12 and under, accompanied by parents. Fun includes games, face painting, treats, arts & crafts, prizes and more. Admission costs $5 per child or $15 per family. For more details, see dedicated post.
Saturday, October 28, 2017
- Fay School Halloween Farmers Market (10:00 am – 1:00 pm) @ Harlow Circle in front of Fay’s Primary School, 25 Middle Rd: Fay School’s final Farmer’s Market this fall is featuring a Halloween celebration. The market will have a special Halloween theme with crafts and a costume parade for children and pets. The parade will take place at 11:30 am, and crafts will be available throughout the duration of the market. For details, visit: farmersmarket.fayschool.org
- Trick or Treating at the Library (10:30 am – 4:30 pm) @ Southborough Library: All children are invited to wear their Halloween costumes and trick-or-treat at the library anytime during these hours. Drop in for Halloween themed crafts and games.
Sunday, October 29, 2017
- Cancelled – SFA Halloween Parade & Contest (4:00 pm): Cancelled due to rain. The Southborough Firefighter’s Association’s annual Halloween costume contest and parade. The line-up is across from Mauro’s Market, downtown Main Street. The procession ends inside the Fire Station where kids collect treats. Trophies are awarded for costumes in different age groups and categories. For details, see dedicated post.
Tuesday, October 31, 2017
- Finn School Halloween Parade (10:30 am): The School will hold its annual costume parade. Families and friends are invited to stand outside the front of the building to watch the parade march by. (If there is inclement weather, special arrangements will be made for viewing in the gym. Entry would then be through the staffed gym door, not front entrance.) For more details, see the school’s announcement in last week’s Thursday packet.
- Trick-or-Treating (evening): Unlike some towns, Southborough doesn’t have an official trick-or-treating schedule. (Aside from 2011, when a freak storm caused an official delay!) But the tradition is the evening of Halloween with some kids beginning to ring doorbells close to dusk. (New to town and not sure how much candy to stock up on? Ask your neighbors, as it really varies from street to street.)
- “Star Wars” Halloween display (after dark – about 10:00 pm) @ 139 Parkerville Road: Every year, trick or treaters are invited to check out the fantastic Halloween display created by the Sutherlands. This year, they’ll be turning their yard into a galaxy far, far away. All ages are welcome and there’s nothing here that should terrify the little ones. Stay tuned for details. (To see last year’s display, click here.)
Updated (10/25/17 8:21 am): I got confirmation from the Sutherlands that they’ll be putting up another extravagant Halloween night display for the public this year.
Updated (10/25/17 8:25 am): Fixed references fun starting tomorrow. What can I say? I lost track of what day it is!
Updated (10/27/17 2:25 pm): SFA was forced to cancel this Sunday’s parade based on the forecast.