Over the weekend, five Algonquin teams competed in championship tournaments.
The Outdoor Track teams competed at the MIAA Division II Indoor Track & Field Championships. As teams, the Boys ranked 8th and Girls 18th.
There were some standout performances worth noting. In the Men’s competition, Alex Lemieux came in 2nd in the Boys High Jump and Nicholas Carulli finished 3rd in the 55 Meter Hurdles. In Women’s, Tess Reyes was 3rd place in the 1 Mile Run.
At the MIAA Division II Wrestling Championships, Wrestling came in 28th place as a team. But wrestler Andrew Goddard came in 3rd place for his weight class. That makes him the one member qualified to move on to the All-State Championships this Friday, February 23 – Saturday, February 24.
Swim/Dive teams competed in the State Championships for Division I. The Boys came in 33rd and Girls came in 20th.
Here are the ARHS varsity games on tap for the week.
Tuesday, February 20, 2018
- 2:00 pm – ARHS Girls Basketball Tournament vs. Acton-Boxborough Regional @ Westborough High School
- 7:00 pm – ARHS Boys Basketball vs. Leominster @ Algonquin
Thursday, February 22, 2018
- TBD – ARHS Girls Basketball Tournament vs. Westborough High School @ Westborough High School
Friday, February 23, 2018
- 12:00 pm – ARHS Wrestling at the All State Tournament
- 7:40 pm – ARHS Boys Ice Hockey vs. Shrewsbury High School @ North Star Ice Sports, Westborough
Saturday, February 24, 2018
- 3:00 pm – ARHS Gymnastics South Sectionals @ Algonquin
- 9:30 am – ARHS Girls Indoor Track MIAA State Tournament @ Reggie Lewis Track Center
- 9:30 am – ARHS Boys Indoor Track MIAA State Tournament @ Reggie Lewis Track Center
Have a photo of your favorite team in action to share? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.