Every summer, I share options for attending community theater in the area. Unfortunately, I missed sharing Framingham Community Theater’s summer production last week. And other neighboring towns don’t seem to be offering adult productions this summer.
SkyRise Children’s Theater is putting on an evening “Dessert Theater” this week featuring actors aged 10-18. Thoroughly Modern Millie takes place Thursday, July 19 and Friday, 20 at 6:00 pm and Saturday, July 22 Gibbons Middle School, Westborough
Other performances by the theater company’s campers include:
- Seussical Kids (by ages 5-14) Friday, August 3, 2:00 pm @ Westborough High School Auditorium
- Alice in Wonderland Jr (by ages 7-16) Friday August 10, 5:00 pm @ Gibbons Middle School, Westborough
- Free summer series (by ages 5-14) – Fridays at 1:00 pm: Olympus (July 27, Algonquin), Stone Age (July 27, Westborough High), The Golden Goose (August 3, Algonquin), Candy House (August 17, Westborough Learning Center, 45 Oak St)
In it’s 30th year, River’s Edge Arts Alliance is also putting on productions featuring child actors from its drama camps @ Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School:
- The Prince’s Bedtime (by grades 1-3) – Friday, July 20, 1:00 pm
- Dear Edwina Jr. (by grades 4-6) – Thursday, July 26 & Friday, July 27, 7:00 pm
- Once on this Island Jr. (by grades 7-11) – Thursday, August 2 & Friday, August 3at 7:00 pm
- The Great Wolf Mashup (by grades 1-3) – Friday, August 3, 1:00 pm
The performances will all be previewed at a special event next week:
Don’t miss our annual Summer Drama Showcase on Wednesday, July 25 at Wood Park in Hudson at 6:30pm
The showcase will feature song from past shows performed by SDW Alumni in celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the program. The showcase will also provide a preview of the shows being performed this year.
If you know of other plays in the immediate vicinity, please share it in the comments.
*Neither the Framingham Community Theater or Westborough Players are putting on productions during July & August this year.