Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For those listings and more, check the Event Calendar.]
Tuesday, November 6, 2018
- Election Day (6:30 am – 8:00 pm) @ Trottier Middle School Gym, 49 Parkerville Road: Don’t forget to vote! For details see dedicated post.
Thursday, November 8, 2018
- Hands On Nature (3:45 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: The science educators return to teach children about Nature’s Real Vampires! (Leeches, Bats and Other Spooky Creatures!) Participants will also make a fun craft to take home. This program is for children ages 5-9. Registration is required at 508-485-5031.
- 8th Grade Field trips begin: 8th Grade Trottier students going on the annual trip to DC leave this morning and return Sunday. Alternate field trips on Thursday and Friday take other 8th graders into Boston.
Friday, November 9, 2018
- Neary School Veterans Program (1:40 – 1:50 pm) @ Neary School: An intergenerational program coordinated by the Senior Center and Neary School. Veterans are invited to come to the school’s “Friday Farewell” presentation in uniform and to share their thoughts of Veterans’s Day with 4th & 5th graders. If you are interested in participating, please call calling 508-229-4453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, November 10, 2018
- Scouting for Food deadline (9:00 am) @ your driveway: Leave your non-perishible contributions to Scouting for Food (for the Southborough Food Pantry) at the end of your driveway by 9 am. (Please check expiration dates first.) Scouts will be picking up contributions until about noon. (Or you can bring your donation directly to the Southborough Food Pantry at Pilgrim Church before noon.)
- Scouting for Food sorting (9:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Pilgrim Church: Scout volunteers will be sorting through collected donations for the Food Pantry.
- Southborough Gardeners Guest Day (9:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Trottier Middle School, 49 Parkerville Rd: SG invites you to attend their annual November Guest Day! This year’s program is entitled “Floral Magic” by Senior Associates from the Museum of Fine Arts. For details and pricing see dedicated post.
- Saturdays at Fay – Deb’s Fabulous Fall Swing and Sing (10:00 am – 11:00 am) @ Fay School’s Primary School, 23 Middle Road: The school is kicking off this year’s free series for tots and parents with fall-themed music and movement program featuring Deb Hudgins. Registration is required. For details, see dedicated post.
- Mad Science (11:00 am – 11:00 am) @ Southborough Public Library: Mad Science will amaze children with their “Fire & Ice” program! Registration is not required.
Sunday, November 11, 2018
- Veteran’s Day Ceremony (10:45 am – 11:40 am) @ All Wars Memorial on the common across from the library: Following the short parade to the memorial, veterans will lead the town’s ceremony including readings and patriotic music. Southborough residents are encouraged to attend. Stay tuned for a dedicated post.