Here is a selection of the committee and board meetings for the week along with my selected highlights from the agendas. All these meetings are open to the public, so you’re welcome to stop on by.
Be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, November 5, 2018
- Municipal Technology Committee, 5:00 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Update on projects and proposed IT budget; Tech use surveys (Employees, board/committee members, citizens) 5G Wireless and Small Cells, rules and procedures, Public Safety and radio and police scheduling software, Strategic technology plan
Wednesday, November 7, 2018
- Personnel Board, 8:00 am @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda)
- Recreation Commission, 9:00 am @ Cordaville Hall, Kitchen, 9 Cordaville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Capital Planning for Choate Field and Neary School; and Review job description for Directors position
- Board of Selectmen, 6:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Police Accreditation update, interviews for appointments to EDC and Open Space, Public Works update, FY20 Budget update, St. Mark’s Street & Route 85 Beautification License, Closing of 2018 golf club season, Warrant article for Special and Annual Town Meeting schedules, Discussion of creation of Town Manager Committee – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM*
Friday, November 9, 2018
- Fire Chief Screening Committee, 8:00 am @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss process to gather input from public and staff; review search timeline
- Southborough School Committee – Policy Development Subcommittee, 9:00 am @ Neary School, Office of the Superintendent, 53 Parkerville Road (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Policies including Homework, staff and student responsible tech use, staff social media, assigned buses, pupil dismissal, weapons policy, school cancellation and instruction, and bullying prevention and intervention
*Southborough Access Media will broadcast the meeting(s) live on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. Click here to see this week’s schedule with rebroadcast times. (Videos are also usually made available through their YouTube channel by the following morning.)