Here are highlights of what’s happening this week for Southborough. It’s a quiet one. There aren’t any special new activities scheduled. Fortunately, some events that were initially promoted as only through August have been extended.
(If you’re looking for some off-line fun with kids, click here for info that includes ongoing activities/opportunities.)
Wednesday, September 9, 2020
- Drop-in Pickleball (9:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Richardson Tennis Courts, on the Neary School campus (53 Parkerville Road).: The Southborough Recreation is offering the program for free to Southborough residents that are 55 years or older. For details, see dedicated post.
Thursday, September 10, 2020
- Library’s Virtual Story Time (10:30 am) @ Facebook: Children’s Librarian “Miss Kim” will hold a story time on Facebook live, which will also be viewable after. (Note: you don’t have to have a Facebook account to watch the videos.)
- Facebook Live Music with David Garden! (11:00 – 11:30 am) @ : Looking for something fun to do with the kids this summer? Join the Southborough Library for a FACEBOOK LIVE CONCERT for children performed by David Garden. This event is sponsored by the Friends of the Southborough Library.
- Virtual Lego Club (3:00 – 5:00 pm) @ zoom: Southborough is continuing to partner with the Needham Library for Lego fun through September. Visit virtually with librarians and friends while building with your Lego bricks at home! For details see dedicated post.
- Drive-In Movie Night (7:00 – 9:30 pm) @ Neary School parking lot, 59 Parkerville Rd: Southborough Recreation is offering one additional Drive-In Movie, “Ralph Breaks the Internet”. It will be screened starting at dusk (which is around 7:35 pm). Attendance is free with no registration required. The parking lot opens at 7:00 pm, and attendance is limited to the first 40 cars. For more details, see dedicated post.
- Southborough Kindergroup Open House and Movie Night (8:00 pm) @ zoom: Southborough Kindergroup’s movie night has to be postponed due to weather. They will have the Open House tonight over zoom. For more details, see dedicated post.
Saturday, September 12, 2020
- Read to a Dog (11:00 – 11:40 am) @ zoom: Children preferably ages 5 and up with some reading ability will read to Bear, a certified therapy dog. Each child participating will have a chance to read a short book to Bear over Zoom and can listen to the other readers. For details, see dedicated post.
- Cub Scout Info Session (12:00 – 3:00 pm) @ Southborough Library Parking Lot: For families with children entering Kindergarten – 5th Grade Come learn about all the awesome outdoor/socially distant opportunities that await our Scouts this year! For more information, email Jessica Gallagher at Jessica.email@example.com
Sunday, September 13, 2020
- Build a Bat House (1:00 – 3:00 pm) @ Chestnut Hill Farm: Pre-registration required. Join us to learn all about native bats and then build your own bat house to take home (one per family reservation). You’ll learn why a bat house needs to be constructed in a particular fashion, where to hang yours, and how bats will utilize it. This workshop does require registration and has a limited amount of tickets, so register soon! Click here to register.
Updated (9/10/20 9:54 am): Weather is interfering with Kindergroup’s initial plans. The movie night is now postponed but a zoom call Open House will be held.