The Town intends to make each of its meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom.* Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars.
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Tuesday, September 8, 2020
- Recreation Commission Meeting, 6:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on fall program offerings, field rentals, projects in progress (Mooney Field/Richardson Tennis Court lighting and Fayville Basketball court); field permit updated policy and forms; nominate members to Master Plan Committee and Community Preservation Commission
- Board of Selectmen Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Class II Used Car Dealer hearing; Police update on accreditation, hiring and policing policies; budget updates; interview Michael Weishan for Historical Commission; Deerfoot Road Extension residents discussion on Brendon Construction building; DPW on Complete Streets policy; Discussion of Downtown Business Village District; Approval of EDC grant proposal for Shared Streets and Spaces program; Capital Planning request for Preservation Restriction on Town House; Discussion of Route 85 sidewalk and Public Safety Complex; FY21 BOS Goals; public comment
- Youth Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Administrative Assistant Position Update, Youth Commission Board Vacancy, Grant Proposals, Laurie Sugarman-Whittier Wellness Award 2020 Update
Wednesday, September 9, 2020
- Southborough Stewardship Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Request for Drone Video of Pollinator Gardens; Town Forest: trail mapping, marking, and naming; potential ATV use & need for signage; Updating the management plan, priority and ongoing projects; Updates on Mowing
- Southborough School Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: COVID-19 Health Situation and resolution on state funding; Updates on bus transportation and facilities; Finn Boiler Project Update; 2nd readings of policies on Face Coverings and Covid-related issues. Register for webinar here.
Thursday, September 10, 2020
- Trails Committee Meeting, 7:30 am @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Choate Grant project status updates; Installation of map kiosk at Fayville Park update; Trails maintenance plan; Bay Circuit Trail Connector reconstruction and opening update; BOS letter to DCR requesting prioritization of the Public Access Plan for the Peninsula Trail; CPC Application Status
- Conservation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Park Central decision; Hearings on Stormwater Management Permit for 17 Ward Road , Determination of Applicability for MBTA ROW and 11B Bigelow Road, Notice of Intent for Bigelow Road and Lot 5 Granuaile/Brigham Road; Discussion with Trustees of Reservation on parking at Chestnut Hill Farm
Friday, September 11, 2020
- Capital Planning Commitee Meeting, 7:30 am @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Approval of Proposals for ClearGov Capital Planning Module and Appraisal for South Union School; Discuss school research and level of membership involvement
- Council on Aging Meeting, 8:30 am @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Status of Future Programming; Flu Clinic update; Senior Center Renovations Update
*There is the caveat that there could be technical glitches that force the Town to take backup actions:
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on Southborough’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
Updated (9/8/20 4:13 pm): The initial post had times downloaded for a different time zone! Sorry about that. Times are fixed above.