Here are the posted committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
The Town intends to make each of its meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom.* Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars.
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website. (For an update on meetings that popped up late last week, scroll down.)
Tuesday, October 27, 2020
- Library Board of Trustees Meeting, 12:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Library Façade Restoration Project, Review of quotes and funding discussion to patch foundation on the 1989 addition; Preservation Restriction update
- Southborough School Committee – Capital Planning Subcommittee Meeting, 5:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review of FY’22 Capital Plan (Register for webinar to view live)
- Recreation Commission Meeting, 6:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Goals and planning for department
- Capital Planning Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with Board of Selectmen on Proposed FY22 Capital Plan and potential Articles for 2021 Annual Town Meeting, proposed Capital Planning policy
- Board of Selectmen Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with Capital Planning Committee on Proposed FY22 Capital Plan and proposed Capital Planning policy; Review latest draft of Village Mixed Use zoning bylaw draft for downtown; Rent & Mortgage Assistance program approval
Wednesday, October 28, 2020
- Trails Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Installation of map kiosk at Fayville Park, BOS letter to DCR requesting prioritization of Public Access for Peninsula Trail; Peninsula Trail to-dos; CPA funding application next steps
Thursday, October 29, 2020
- Board of Commissioners of Trust Funds , 8:00 am @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss Foundation for Metrowest funding items, Taxation Aid Committee, and Town Tax Deferral program
- Historical Commission Meeting, 6:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Elect officers; Hiring of Admin Assistance; Vote on 61Breackneck Hill Root Cellar; Update on 15 Main Street
- Economic Development Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss and possibly vote on draft mixed-use zoning document draft for Downtown Business Village District zoning
*There is the caveat that there could be technical glitches that force the Town to take backup actions:
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on Southborough’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.