Here are the posted committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are open to the public, however all of the currently scheduled meetings are available only virtually.*
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. (Last week, a couple meetings popped up that I didn’t list last Monday – scroll down for those details.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, September 13, 2021
- Planning Board Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda and packet, hearing materials) Agenda Highlights: Hearings on 6-8 Turnpike Rd, Proposed Downtown District bylaw, zoning map, and Design Guidelines; Approval Not Required applications for 19 John St plot division; Discuss 156 Northborough Rd Site Plan Compliance; review Outdoor Illumination rules & regs
- Capital Planning Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on subcommittees for School Research and SHOPC – South Union; Updates on Capital Projects for Town House, Fire Tender, and Library interior renovations; Updates on responses from Dept heads on capital planning
Tuesday, September 14, 2021
- Southborough Housing Opportunity Partnership Committee Meeting, 8:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Master Plan Committee and SHOPC/Capital Planning Subcommittee; Affordable Housing Trust 5yr plan – 40B Discussion with Developer Jim Venincasa
- Combined School Committees Meeting, 5:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Meeting of the Northborough, Southborough, and Regional School Committees – Teaching and Learning Organizational Chart; Draft 2022-23 student calendar; First Readings of several policies (Recruiting and Hiring Personnel, Staff Transportation of Students in Private Vehicles, Overtime Pay, Staff Responsible Use Policy, Employee Social Media Policy, and Jury Duty) [Note: Policies will be posted on the district website via an agenda with embedded links. Typically, that is posted by the Friday of the following week.] Register here for webinar.
- Regional School Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Covid, Transportation, Fall Sports and MIAA recommendations; School Start Time; Vision 2026 Action Plan; Enrollments; Budget Priorities; Updates on Solar and Mascot Study Group; Review of Face Coverings Policy. Register here for webinar.
- Trails Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Aqueduct Connector Trail Construction; Trails Committee charter change discussion; Updates on Peninsula Trail, Guided History Hike; St Mark’s; CPA MOU; Funding opportunity for regional trails projects; Trails Maintenance update; Choate Fund Grant joint project with Stewardship status; update on shipping monofilament line
- Youth Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda and materials) Agenda Highlights: Creating Parameters for Donation Account; Additional funding for clinical consultant and supervision; ADA report related to South Union Building
Wednesday, September 15, 2021
- Southborough Housing Authority Meeting, 5:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Executive Director Report and payment of bills; Tenant Association and participation
- Board of Registrars of Voters Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Annual vote delegating Registrar’s authority to the Town Clerk for Certifying nomination papers, Processing voter registration forms, Use of Registrars’ signature stamps for election related activity, and Selecting election workers; Discuss 2022 election dates, potential election law changes, and potential BOR meetings re Provisional Ballots
Thursday, September 16, 2021
- Conservation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearings on Ken’s Warehouse addition, 184 Woodland Rd septic replacement, and Marlborough Rd roadway improvements; Request for Certificate of Compliance for 124 Deerfoot Rd; Violation at 1 Lynbrook Rd; Breakneck Hill Dump approval/next steps; Stormwater Permit Bylaw/Regulation Updates & Discussion
Friday, September 17, 2021
- Cable Television Committee Meeting, 2:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Consider proposed renewal of Comcast license
Below are meetings from last week that were posted after I ran last week’s list:
Wednesday, September 8, 2021
- Capital Planning Committee – School Research Subcommittee Meeting, 9:00 am (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Town Space Needs Study, MSBA, Demographic Study; Draft workplan/Timeline of next steps; Discuss Warrant article
Thursday, September 9, 2021
- Community Preservation Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) [Note: video not yet posted] Agenda Highlights: Facilities update; Requested changes for Trails Committee and Historical Society projects; MOU changes for 2019 Historical project; CPA applications; Updates on Library and Fayville Basketball Court
- Economic Development Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Proposed Downtown District zoning bylaw; Final EEA Reporting; Grant Applications submitted
Friday, September 10, 2021
- Council on Aging Meeting, 8:30 am (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Report on programs, Colonial Garden events, Southborough Commmunity Fund Application and Grant; SHINE open enrollment
*The Town intends to make each of its meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom. Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars. There is the caveat that there could be technical glitches that force the Town to take backup actions:
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on Southborough’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.