Here are the posted committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are all remote sessions open to the public.*
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, September 27, 2021
- Planning Board Meeting, 7:00 pm @ remote meeting (agenda and packet, hearing materials) Agenda Highlights: Hearings on 6-8 Turnpike Rd, Proposed Downtown District bylaw, zoning map, and Design Guidelines, Ken’s Foods’ expansion; Approval Not Required applications for 1 Sears Rd; Review Outdoor Illumination rules & regs
- Capital Planning Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm @ remote meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates to Capital Plan submitted by Dept heads for Police, Fire, and IT; Updates on subcommittees for School Research and SHOPC – South Union; Updates on Capital Projects for Town House, Fire Tender, and Library interior renovations; Capital Planning standing committee bylaw update
Wednesday, September 29, 2021
- NSPAC Meeting, 9:00 am @ virtual meeting (agenda and materials) Agenda Highlights: Northborough/Southborough Special Education Parent Advisory Council election for Treasurer and Recording Secretary; Q&A with Student Support Services; discussion of ESSER II grant (Followed by virtual parents coffee) Click here to pre-register for webinar
- Board of Health Meeting, 11:00 am @ remote meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Covid, community survey, shared resources, 150 Framingham Rd, and communications intern; Mask Requirement in Town Buildings; Fall Town Meeting safety precautions; Article to increase salaries; Vote to hire temp clerical support for booster vaccines
- Board of Selectmen Meeting, 6:30 pm @ remote meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Close the Warrant for the Special Town Meeting on November 1st
Below are meetings from last week that were posted after I ran last week’s list:
Wednesday, September 22, 2021
- Cable Television Committee Meeting, 4:00 pm (agenda and materials, video) Agenda Highlights: Consideration of proposed Comcast renewal license
Thursday, September 23, 2021
- Southborough Housing Opportunity Partnership / Capital Planning Subcommittee Meeting, 7:00 pm [Note: video not yet posted] (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss Update/Reports on Research into potential housing development at 21 Highland St by Town or by Private Development; Next steps
Friday, September 24, 2021
- Economic Development Committee, 8:15 am @ (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Presentation on EDC Priorities and Submitted Grant Applications; Discuss Downtown District bylaw
*The Town intends to make each of its remote public meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom. Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars.