Here are the posted open committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are all remote sessions open to the public.*
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, November 1, 2021
- Preparation Meetings for Special Town Meeting @ Trottier Middle School
- Planning Board Meeting @ Room 186, 6:15 pm (agenda, materials) Agenda Highlights: Discuss Master Plan Committee Update, FY23 Budget; Proposed Warrant Articles; 6:30 pm Public Hearing on Downtown District Bylaw, Zoning Map, & Design Guidelines
- Advisory Committee Meeting @ Room 139, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Approve minutes; Any discussion/votes needed re Special Town Meeting
- Economic Development Committee Meeting @ Room 101, 6:45 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss/vote on Downtown District Warrant Article #10
- Board of Selectmen Meeting @ Room 190, 6:45 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Preparation for Special Town Meeting
- Special Town Meeting @ Trottier Middle School gymnasium, 7:00 pm (Warrant & materials) – For my coverage of what voters will be asked to approve, click here.
Wednesday, November 3, 2021
- Board of Selectmen Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda and materials) Agenda Highlights: Discuss Public Safety Dispatch staffing shortage; Residential/commercial property value shift impact on tax rate; Outlook for FY22 and forward and potential use of American Rescue Plan Act funds; Updates on Swap Shop, St. Marks St improvements/park, Mortgage & Rent Assistance final numbers, meals tax, and Quorum; Appointment of Southborough Public Accessibility Committee; Award bid for Kallander Field project; Review proposed Tree Policy
Thursday, November 4, 2021
- Trottier Middle School Council Meeting, 2:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: School Improvement Plan, Update Social-Emotional Learning (Click here to register for webinar)
- Historical Commission Meeting, 5:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearing on Demolition Permit for 22 Edgewood Rd; Discuss potential new cultural district and plans for new park/garden along St Mark’s St with potential CPC project for History Walk; Discuss proposed Demolition Delay Bylaw rules, regs and proposed changes
- Noise Bylaw Ad-Hoc Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review Committee Charge, Organize committee, review history of prior efforts
Below is a meeting from last week that was posted after I ran last week’s list:
Thursday, October 28, 2021
- Conservation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda, packet, video) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearings on 163 Parkerville Rd single family home and Ken’s Foods warehouse addition; Requests for Certificates of Compliance for 1 Witherbee Lane, 30 Presidential Drive, 22A Lovers Lane; Discussion of 84 Main St changes/updates; 1 Lynbrook Rd compliance with violation agreement; Approve FY23 budget; Stormwater Management Permit bylaw regulation updates; Updates on Breakneck Hill Dump and 139 Deerfoot Rd
*The Town intends to make each of its remote public meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom. Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars.