Most of Algonquin’s spring teams are in the midst of MIAA state playoffs this week.
ARHS Baseball is playing in the Division 1 Round of 32 this afternoon. The 27th seed team beat 38th seed Peabody 6-3 in the Preliminary Round. (Click here for Salem News’ coverage.)
Today, they are taking on 6th seed St. Johns. Gonk lost to them early in the season. But their current 5-game winning streak started with a 8-5 win over the private school.
In Division 1 Tennis, ARHS 32nd seed Girls beat 33rd seed Beverly 4-1 in the Prelims. (Click here for Community Advocate’s coverage.)
This afternoon, they are facing Lincoln Sudbury for the Round of 32. The 18th seed Boys headed straight to the Round of 32 this afternoon against 15th Seed Franklin.
In Lacrosse, both teams earned Byes for their Prelims. The 21st seed Girls will play 12th seed Acton-Boxborough in tomorrow’s Round of 32. ARHS lost 8-18 when they last faced AB earlier this season.
The ARHS Boys made it to the CMass Class A Finals by beating Shrewsbury 9-7 in last Wednesday’s Semi Finals. On Friday, Nashoba nabbed the title with a 10-9 win. (Click here for Telegram’s coverage.)
On Wednesday, the 19th seed Boys head to 14th seed Lexington for their Round of 32.
Division 2 Boys Rugby’s brackets started with the Quarter Finals. Last week, 2nd seed ARHS beat 7th seed Malden Catholic 46-7. They’ll host 3rd seed Hanovoer in the Semi Finals this Thursday.
In Outdoor Track All States, two Gong athletes came in 4th place – Brogan Madden for Boys High Jump and Mia Gorman for Girls Pole Vault.
Mia clears 10’6” and places 4th at the meet of champions!@ARHSAthletics pic.twitter.com/mFp1ybrtoI
— Patrick Galvin (@galvinarhs) June 3, 2022
(You can find more details including other athletes’ results here.) This week both of their teams are headed to Shephard Hill for a Pentathalon/Decathalon.
Boys Volleyball already completed their journey. They lost to 7th seed Natick 3-0 in the D1 Round of 32. (Click here for the Framingham Source’s coverage.)
Here is the schedule so far this week with times:
Monday, June 6, 2022
- TBD – Girls Outdoor Track Pentathlon @ Shepherd Hill Regional High School
- 4:00 pm – Baseball Tournament vs. St. John’s @ St John’s (MIAA D1 Round of 32)
- 4:00 pm – Girls Tennis Tournament vs. Lincoln-Sudbury Regional @ Lincoln-Sudbury Reg. (MIAA D1 Round of 32)
- 4:00 pm – Boys Tennis MIAA District Tournament vs. Franklin @ Franklin High School (MIAA D1 Round of 32)
Tuesday, June 7, 2022
- 3:00 pm – Boys Outdoor Track Decathlon @ Shepherd Hill Regional High School
- 6:30 pm – Girls Lacrosse Tournament vs. Acton-Boxborough Regional @ Acton-Boxborough Regional High School (MIAA D1 Round of 32)
Wednesday, June 8, 2022
- 6:00 pm – Boys Lacrosse Tournament vs. Lexington @ Lexington (MIAA D1 Round of 32)
Thursday, June 9, 2022
- 5:30 pm – Boys Rugby MIAA District Tournament vs. Hanover @ Algonquin Field Football Stadium (MIAA D2 Semi Finals)
(To check for changes or find a complete schedule of Algonquin sports, including JV, freshmen, and unified match ups, click here. Follow these links for the Assabet sports schedule and the St. Mark’s sports schedule.)