Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options.**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule (and agendas) are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the Town website.
Monday, November 7, 2022
- Planning Board Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearings on 250 Turnpike Rd and 200 Turnpike Road; Discuss Ken’s Foods Drainage/Landscaping Repairs, Fayville Hall Site Plan Permit Requirements, MBTA Communities, St. Mark’s Dorm Temp Occupancy Permit, and process for proposed Hopkinton Water connection project; FY24 Budget; Outdoor Illumination rules & regs; Downtown District Design Guidelines
- Municipal Technology Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: User Experience Research effort; Town website upgrade; Standardized technology vendor question list; Town and Schools synergy, servers/network arc, and security posture assessments; AssessPro deployment ; Status of Cellular deserts; Town wifi upgrade; DPW Electronic Permit Validation System
Wednesday, November 9, 2022
- Board of Commissioners of Trust Fund Meeting, 8:00 am @ Town House Hearing Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Approve minutes and schedule next meeting
- Margaret A. Neary School Meeting, 3:15 pm via webinar (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review Neary’s 2021-2024 School Improvement Plan
- Southborough Housing Authority Meeting, 5:30 pm @ Colonial Gardens, 49 Boston Road (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Accountant; Exec Director report
- School Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Trottier Middle School Library (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Finn Principal’s report; Social Emotional Learning Update; Updates on Neary Building Committee and MSBA grant for Accelerated Repairs; School Committee Vacancy; Enrollment Projections; Approval of Draft FY24-FY29 Capital Plan; FY24 Budget priorities and preliminary discussion
Saturday, November 12, 2022
- St. Mark’s Street Park Working Group Meeting, 10:00 am @ Public Safety Building, 32 Cordaville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Public Forum to solicit resident input on design plans for downtown
park at St. Mark’s Street
Below are meetings from last week that were posted after I ran last week’s list:
Thursday, November 3, 2022
- Golf Course Committee Meeting, 9:00 am (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Engaging with other town groups on potential winter usage of property; Signage subcommittee progress report
Friday, November 4, 2022
- Council on Aging Meeting, 8:30 am (agenda,) Agenda Highlights: Update on construction plans for new addition; Discussion and vote on Woodward alternative; winter programs; Budget status and Formula grant money expenditure; Composition of the board
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- Southborough School Committee meetings are generally broadcast live by Southborough Access Media here and on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. (Video replays are also usually made available through their YouTube channel within a day or two.)
- If I don’t specify a location for Town committees and boards, they will be held on zoom (details here). Zoom/hybrid meetins are also streamed live and saved for replay via the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (Though, occasionally there are glitches.) If in-person meetings don’t also advertise a zoom option, assume that it won’t be captured on video