I just realized that I didn’t post news on the Senior Center’s March and April programs before registration opened this morning.
Here’s a quick listing of programs seniors will want to try to get on the sign up lists for before they fill up (if they haven’t already).
To register, stop by the Senior Center or call them at 508-229-4453. (You do need to connect with someone live, rather than leaving a voicemail.)
The following programs all take place on Wednesday afternoons – with one noted exception. Many (but not all) include lunch.
- Movie Matinee: Elvis — March 8, 12:30 pm (free, optional lunch at noon – $6 suggested)
- St. Patrick’s Day Party — March 15, 12:00 pm ($6 suggested, lunch included)
- Scam Presentation — March 22, 1:30 pm ($3 suggested, lunch included)
- Meteorologist Harvey Leonard on Climate Change: Simple, Serious, Solvable — March 29, 1:00 pm ($3 suggested, refreshments included)
- Tina Bemis: Flowering Easter Basket — April 5, 1:00 pm ($20 suggested)
- Adult Coloring and Lunch — Tuesday April 11, 12:30 pm ($3 suggested)
- Movie Matinee: Ticket to Paradise — April 12, 12:00 pm (free, optional lunch at noon – $6 suggested)
- Tune Timers Big Band — April 19, 1:00 – 3:30 pm ($3 suggested, refreshments available)
- Bingo — April 26, 1:00 pm
Full details on these, and the programs below are in the newsletter here. It also includes other helpful news and tips for seniors in town.
- Keefe Tech Luncheon — Thursday, March 23rd ($10 Suggested)
- Worcester Art Museum — Thursday, April 27th ($10 Suggested)
New this session is an off-site Boxing class for seniors. You can find those details here.
Other classes include the usual Yoga (at Pilgrim Church) and classes at the Senior Center for Stretch, Strength, Chair Yoga, and Advanced Tai Chi. Those details are on page 7 of the newsletter.
Friends of Southborough COA reminder
The newsletter insert also includes a reminder:
If you have not yet renewed your 2023 membership to the
Southborough Friends, please stop by the Senior Center to
continue your support.