Last night, Northborough’s Annual Town meeting gave Algonquin Regional High School’s administration the green light to borrow for the “Gonkplex”.
It was the final approval needed to move forward. Southborough voters already approved the $7.96M project in March.
The project is to renovate the school’s “aging & out of compliance” outdoor athletic facilities. Work is slated to begin this spring with the goal of being completed by the fall.
Below is the projected timeline:
- Pre-Construction Conference — May-June 2023
- Shop Drawing/Submittal Review — March to May 2023
- Construction Phase*(assumed 16 weeks) — June 6, 2023 – September 29, 2023
- Substantial Completion — September 29, 2023
- Project Close-Out/Final Completion — October 6, 2023
Based on past presentations by the administration, the project will cover:
- Stadium field – with turf
- Multi-purpose field – with turf
- Grandstand – with ADA-Compliant seating
- Stadium lights – with LED
- Tennis Courts
- Amenities Building – adding ADA-compliant restrooms
- Lacrosse wall
- Pickleball Courts
- Outdoor basketball court
You can view the updated presentation that was prepared for Northborough voters here.
You can read more details about the project (including the impact on Southborough taxes and discussions about the turf fields) from my past coverage of the project here.
According to the NSBORO administration, future updates on project status will be shared on gonkplex.org.