Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
- Boxwood Tree making workshop (1:30 – 2:30 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Tina Bemis will teach participants to make a beautiful Boxwood Tree for the winter season. Craft the perfect tree shape using premium boxwood tips. Includes a modest assortment of cones and ribbon to decorate in a primitive style. Purchase additional decorations if you would like to upgrade to make a “Partridge in a Pear Tree”. Pre-register by calling the Senior Center at 508-229-4453.
Thursday, December 12, 2013
- Legos at the Library (3:45 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Children are welcome to come build with Legos, and display their creations in the Children’s Room. Legos will be provided, but all materials need to remain at the library. Parents or caregivers must stay with children during this event.
- Young Adult Book Club (6:30 – 7:30 pm) @ Southborough Library: Come join the young adult book group to discuss Animal Farm, by George Orwell. Pizza and soda are donated by the Southborough Dominos Pizza on Route 9.
Friday, December 13, 2013
- Holiday Brunch Celebration (11:00 am – 1:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center : Holiday Brunch featuring their Southborough Songsters with a show featuring holiday songs and some sing-alongs. Suggested donation of $6 for Friends of COA members and $10 for non-members.
Saturday, December 14, 2013
- Steeple Cofeehouse (7:30 pm) @ Pilgrim Church, 15 Common Street: The Kennedys headlining. Doors open at 7:00 pm. Please bring a donation for the Southborough Food Pantry. Proceeds from our coffee and dessert purchases go towards local charities. In advance: $15 General/$12 Students & Seniors (Brown Paper Tickets) At the door: $17 General/$15 Students & Seniors. More details, check www.steeplecoffeehouse.org or call 508-281-9995.
Sunday, December 15, 2013
- Mastersingers’ Annual Messiah Sing (3:30 – 3:30 pm) @ St. Matthias Parish, 409 Hemenway St., Marlborough: Come listen or bring/borrow (from us) a score and sing along, $10 Donation is suggested at the door. “This is an informal, but exhilarating annual holiday tradition.” For more details, including directions, visit www.avmsingers.org