Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Monday, January 27, 2014:
- Rep Dykema visit to Senior Center (11:30 am – 1:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Representative Carolyn Dykema will be visiting the center during the luncheon for anyone who wants to speak with her or ask questions.
- Birthday Luncheon (12:00 – 1:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Social Luncheon. Free if your birthday is this month. Otherwise, suggested donation of $5. Serving roasted chicken and sandwiches.
To register, call the Senior Center at 508-229-4453.
- Auditions for Southborough Rotary Club Talent Show (6:00 – 9:00 pm) @ Auditorium, Trottier Middle School: They are looking for performers in Grades 5 and up to audition for the 14th Annual Southborough Rotary Club Talent Show held on Friday, March 7, 2014. For more information, or to schedule an audition, contact Ms. Bartolomei (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ms. Nelson (email@example.com) at Trotter Middle School.
Wednesday, January 29, 2014:
- Technology Days (2:15- 3:30 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Algonquin students will answer all of Seniors’ questions about cellphones, iPads, Laptops, e-readers and more. Please write your questions down ahead of time.
- Animal Camouflage (3:45- 4:45 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Hands On Nature science program for 5-8 year olds. Please register for this event at the Children’s Room desk or by calling the Library at 508-485-5031.
Thursday, January 30, 2014:
- Ted Reinstein – New England Author Series (7:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Chronicle’s Ted Reinstein is author of New England Notebook, named by National Geographic Traveler as one of its “Best Picks.” Hear about many of Reinstein’s favorite people and stories from his travels around New England. The talk is free and open to the public.
Friday, January 31, 2014:
- Neary Noodle Night (5:00 – 8:30 pm) @ Margaret a Neary School: Neary SOS fundraiser for students and family. Event includes pasta dinner “with all the fixings”, raffle for family packages and “Minute to Win it” games. The night is split into 3 sessions: 5-6:30, 6-7:30, and 7-8:30.
- Wick Choral Festival (7:00 – 9:00 pm) @ Class of ’45 Hall, St. Mark’s School: Annual a cappella singing festival put on by St. Mark’s School.
Saturday, February 1, 2014:
- Snow Shoe clinic (9:00 – 11:00 AM) @ Beals Preserve: Sponsored by Southborough Open Land Foundation and Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS) Snow shoes and instruction are provided by EMS.
Reserve a spot by Monday, January 27th. If there is no snow plan to come and walk the trails at the preserve.
- Winter Book Sale (10:00 – 3:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Put on by The Friends of the Southborough Library. One free book offered per child.
- Wick Choral Festival (7:00 – 9:00 pm) @ Class of ’45 Hall, St. Mark’s School: Annual a cappella singing festival put on by St. Mark’s School