Police have been busy on Facebook lately with news to share.
Starting today, anyone seeking service at the police station will be directed to a temporary “lobby” in the parking lot. A tractor trailer will replace the lobby for about a month as the station undergoes renovations:
The Southborough Police Department would like to announce that the lobby of the Police Station located at 19 Main Street, will be under renovation beginning on May 6th, 2014. Citizens seeking service will be directed to the large, black 9-1-1 trailer, which is positioned to the rear area of the police parking lot (just past the garages, on the right-hand side). The work is scheduled to last approximately four (4) weeks.
On Friday, along with the police log they posted details of a foot chase last Tuesday:
On Tuesday, April 29th, 2014 at approximately 2200 hrs, Southborough Police officers were dispatched to a Nathan Stone Lane residence for a Domestic Disturbance in progress. The suspect. . . fled into a wooded area behind the home prior to the officer’s arrival to the scene. Southborough officers requested mutual aid from Ashland Police, and the Marlborough K-9 Unit of Off. Ken McKenzie and his k9 partner “Kaiser”, to assist in the search for [the suspect]. After a long and arduous search through a swampy and wooded area, Kaiser and Off. McKenzie found a track and located Mr. Michaels hiding in the area. He was placed into custody by Southborough officers at this time.
[The suspect] was charged with Domestic Assault with a Dangerous Weapon. At the police station, [the suspect] damaged the booking room wall of the police station, and was subsequently charged with Malicious Destruction of Property under $250.
Sunday, April 27, 2014:
- 0032 hrs- Officers checked on two suspicious motor vehicles parked in the parking lot of a Boston Road business. Both vehicles and operators checked out ok.
- 0054 hrs- Officers assisted a disabled motorist on Turnpike Road.
- 0127 hrs- An officer on patrol spoke with two males on School Street. Both male parties checked out ok.
- 0840 hrs- Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Turnpike Road business.
- 0919 hrs- A medical was reported at a Main Street business.
- 1306 hrs- Officers responded to Turnpike Road to investigate an erratic operator in the area. The description of a possible domestic situation occurring inside the vehicle was provided by the reporting party. The vehicle was later located in Northborough, and the Northborough Police and Southborough Police conducted a follow-up investigation. No charges were filed in the incident.
- 1434 hrs- Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Southwood Drive residence.
- 1643 hrs- Officers assisted a disabled motorist on Central Street.
- 1826 hrs- A medical was reported at a Mt. Vickery Road residence.
- 1930 hrs- A medical was reported at a Presidential Drive residence.
- 2054 hrs- Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Madison Place residence.
- 2317 hrs- Officers conducted a requested well-being check on a Boston Road resident.
Monday, April 28, 2014:
- 0030 hrs- Officers responded to Turnpike Road to investigate a report (by Framingham Police) of an erratic operator in the area. The vehicle was later located and stopped in Marlborough by Marlborough Police.
- 0048 hrs- Officers assisted a Framingham Road resident with a civil issue.
- 0814 hrs- Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Parkerville Road residence.
- 0900 hrs- A medical was reported at a Parkerville Road residence.
- 0924 hrs- Officers investigated an abandoned 911 call from a Metacomet Lane residence.
- 1335 hrs- An officer responded to Main Street to investigate a report of malfunctioning train signal lights. CSX was notified and responded to the scene.
- 1427 hrs- A medical was reported at a Cordaville Road residence.
- 1514 hrs- Two groups of solicitors registered at the Police Department.
- 1726 hrs- Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Madison Place residence.
- 1829 hrs- An officer responded to a Strawberry Hill Road residence to speak with a resident about a possible scam. A follow-up investigation is being done by the responding officer at this time.
- 2003 hrs- Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Turnpike Road business.
- 2100 hrs- Officers responded to Liberty Drive after a resident reported a motor vehicle on the open field doing “donuts”. The responding officer reported back negative findings and no damage to the field.
Tuesday, April 29, 2014:
- 0121 hrs- An officer on patrol checked on a suspicious motor vehicle parked outside of a Turnpike Road business. The officer reported back that everything checked out ok.
- 0203 hrs- An officer checked on a suspicious box truck in the parking lot of a Turnpike Road business. The officer reported back that everything checked out ok.
- 0544 hrs- A medical was reported at a Wildwood Drive residence.
- 0647 hrs- An officer responded to Main Street to assist with traffic caused by malfunctioning train signal lights. CSX was notified and responded to address the problem.
- 0843 hrs- Officers assisted a Summit Road resident with an incident involving a former employee. No charges were filed and everything checked out ok.
- 1033 hrs- A motorist from Framingham, MA was issued a Criminal Application for Operating a Motor Vehicle with a Revoked Registration on Turnpike Road.
- 1230 hrs- Solicitors registered at the police department.
- 1606 hrs- Officers responded to an Oland Lane residence to speak with a resident about a suspicious motor vehicle that was parked in their driveway (earlier) for an hour. The vehicle had left the area prior to the officer’s arrival.
- 1608 hrs- Officers responded to a Cross Street residence to investigate a report of a verbal domestic in progress. The responding officers were able to keep the peace with no charges filed on either party.
- 1641 hrs- An officer took a report of a possible phone scam from a Cordaville Road resident.
- 2005 hrs- A medical was reported at a Woodland Road residence.
- 2201 hrs- ARRESTED:A Southborough man was charged with Domestic Assault with a Dangerous Weapon and Malicious Destruction of Property Under $250. (* See previous Facebook post for additional information on this arrest).