Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Monday, May 19, 2014:
- Meet the Neary Principal finalist (4:30 – 5:30 pm) @ Neary Library: The Southborough Schools announced the finalist for the position of Neary School Principal is Kathleen Valenti. Parents and community members are welcomed to meet her this afternoon.
- ARHS Senior Awards Night (7:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School auditorium: Every year, the faculty and administration select graduating students to honor for their work and achievements. Winners are announced at the ceremony. All are welcome to attend the free event.
Wednesday, May 21, 2014:
- Exciting Women’s Club – Tea Party (10:30 am – 12:30 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Join the group for a tea party. If you have a special tea cup bring it and tell why it’s special to you. If you don’t, one will be provided. Register at front desk or by calling 508-229-4453.
- Technology Days (2:15 – 3:30 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Please join a group of Algonquin students for an hour of technology assistance. These eager students will answer all of your questions about cellphones, IPads, Laptops, E-readers and more. Please write your questions down ahead of time so that everything can be answered. Work with a student from ARHS and get your technology problems resolved!
- Clark School of Mgmt info session (6:00 – 7:30 pm) @ GSOM Metrowest Campus, 333 Turnpike Road (Rt. 9): Clark University Graduate School of Management (GSOM) Information Session at the Southborough Campus! Free information session for anyone interested in the full- or part-time MBA, the full- or part-time Master of Science in Accounting, the Master of Science in Finance, or the dual degree programs, all offered in Southborough. Learn about Clark GSOM’s academic offerings, career services, and scholarship opportunities. An optional opportunity to sit in on a class is also available. All attendees will have their application fee waived should they choose to later apply to one of GSOM’s programs.
- Author night – Quabbin: A History and Explorers Guide (7:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Author Michael Tougias will present a narrated slide presentation about the Quabbin Reservoir. The free event is open to the public with no registration required. For more details, see dedicated post.
Thursday, May 22, 2014:
- ARHS Junior College Planning Presentation (7:30 am) @ Algonquin Regional High School, Auditorium: Junior & Parent Workshop: “What to do over the Summer?”
Friday, May 23, 2014:
- Flag placement (6:00 pm) @ Rural Cemetery – Rt. 85: In preparation for Memorial Day, residents are invited to participate in placing fresh flags on the graves of our Veterans to honor their service to our nation. (click flyer to enlarge)
Memorial Day, Monday, May 26, 2014:
- Veterans’ gathering (8:15 am) @ American Legion Headquarters, Community House: An invitation has been issued by the local Veterans and American Legion post to all town veterans to join them prior to the annual parade. (click flyer to enlarge)
- Memorial Day parade (9:00 am) @ convenes at Marlboro Savings Bank parking lot, proceeds down Main Street, then through the cemeteries: Veterans, town scouts, and school bands march in the annual parade, stopping at cemeteries to pay tribute and honor to those who have worn the uniform in service to our country to protect our freedoms. Please join us as we remember those who have gone before us and especially those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. (click flyer to enlarge)
Updated (5/19/14 9:50 am): I forgot to include the superintendent’s invitation for the public to meet the finalist for Neary’s new principal.