Here are highlights of what’s happening in Southborough this weekend.
For a list of local holiday concerts outside of town, read yesterday’s post.
Updated (12/6/14 11:27 am): Santa Claus will arrive at the community house by fire truck today at noon.
Saturday, December 06, 2014:
- Annual Kids Shop (9:00 am – 2:00 pm) @ Woodward School, cafeteria: Cub Scout Troop 92 provides a safe haven for kids to do their own holiday shopping. For details, see dedicated post.
- Library’s Holiday Festivities (10:00 am – 2:00 pm) @: The annual holiday open house. Enjoy refreshments, holiday music and watching families trim the Library Christmas tree. Sponsored by the Friends of the Southborough Library. For details, see dedicated post.
- Chestnut Hill Art and Gift Sale (10:00 am – 5:00 pm) @ 10 Chestnut Hill Road – art studio: The annual gift show featuring area artists is held in the studio of Paintings of Untold Tales. Shop for holiday gifts, meet local artists and artisans, and enjoy some Holiday cheer. Art and gifts for sale, plus a tarot card reader. For more details including artist list, check their website.
- Christmas Bazaar (10:00 am – 2:00 pm) @ St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 27 Main St: The church’s annual bazaar is a fundraiser for the Youth Group Mission Trip and Southborough Food Pantry Fuel Assistance Program. Gifts, raffles, music, food, activities, and more. For details, see dedicated post.
- Friends of the Library Holiday Book & Bag Sale (10:30 am – 2:30 pm) @ Southborough Library: Annual fundraiser for the Friends of the Southborough Library. Selling books, tote bags, and more. Take advantage of the “stuff a bag sales”. One free book per child. For details, see dedicated post.
- Christmas Tree Decorating Party (10:30 am – 12:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Be a part of the Library’s annual Christmas Tree Decorating Party. You can make ornaments, decorate the Library Christmas tree, and enjoy refreshments! For details, see dedicated post.
- Santa Day (12:00 – 3:00 pm) @ Community House: Weather permitting, Santa flies into Southborough on helicopter. At noon, he lands on the field at the corner of Rte 85 and Rte 30. Afterwards, he crosses over to the Southborough Community House for Southborough Kindergroup’s annual event. For full details, see dedicated post. Note: Santa Claus will arrive at the community house by fire truck today at noon.
- ARHS Musical – The Pajama Game (7:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School, Northborough: Algonquin theater’s fall musical. Tickets are available at the door for $10. For details, see dedicated post.
- Holiday Folk Trio concert (8:00 pm) @ l’Abri Fellowship House, 49 Lynbrook Road: Folk acoustic trio Ordinary Time, led by Southborough resident Ben Keyes on guitar. A free interactive holiday concert with stories, accompanied by desserts. The performance will feature Christmas and Advent carols. For more details, see recent post.
Sunday, December 07, 2014:
- Fay School Admission Open House (1:00 – 3:30 pm) @: 1:00 – 1:20 p.m. Welcome Reception 1:20 – 1:50 p.m. “Why Fay?” Perspectives from the Fay Community 1:50 – 2:45 p.m. Campus Tours 2:45 – 3:30 p.m. Discover Fay Mini Fair Parking will be available at 25 Middle Road in Southborough. Questions? Please contact Kerin Riley at 508-490-8201 or email@example.com.
- Handel’s Messiah (3:30 pm) @ Pilgrim Congregational Church, 15 Common Street: The Messiah Community Chorus concert. Ticket Information: General Admission – $15; Family Max – $40; Students/Seniors – $10; Preferred Seating – $30 2 for $50. Proceeds to benefit local food pantries & other outreach programs in the Greater Metro West area. For details, see dedicated post.
- St. Mark’s Lessons and Carols (5:00 – 6:30 pm) @ St. Mark’s School in the Belmont Chapel, 25 Marlboro Road, Southborough MA 01772: A traditional Anglican Christmas service featuring St. Mark’s choir and orchestra. This is a popular first come-first served event and seating is limited. Doors will open at 4:30 pm.