Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Tuesday, June 9, 2015
- Legos at the Library (3:45 pm – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Children are welcome to come build with Legos, and display their creations in the Children’s Room. Legos will be provided, but all materials need to remain at the library. Parents or caregivers must stay with children during this event.
Wednesday, June 10, 2015
- Poetry Workshop (6:30 pm – 7:30 pm) @ Southborough Library, Main Floor: Please join a representative from the Worcester County Poetry Association for A Beautiful Catastrophe Poetry Writing Workshop Series. This session the work of Elizabeth Bishop will be examined.Through reading and discussion we will generate work based on technique, theme and imagination.
- Cub Scout Recruiting Night (6:30 pm – 8:00 pm) @ Finn School cafeteria: Come Join Cub Scouts! (For Boys entering grades 1-4 in September) Southborough Packs 1, 26 and 921 are inviting your son to join Cub Scouting. In Cub Scouts, your son will have lots of fun, learn new things and make new friends. If you’d like to learn more about Cub Scouts, come to our info session.
Wednesday, June 10, 2015
- Backyard Movie Night (at dusk) – Big Hero 6 (7:30 pm – 9:15 pm) @ Neary School playground: Big Hero 6 is PG and runs 102 minutes Movies begin at dusk (approx. 7:30 pm). Bring a blanket, lawn chairs and bug spray. Admission is free and open to the public Food and popcorn is available for purchase. For more details see dedicated post.
Thursday, June 11, 2015
- Author Janet Singer (7:00 pm – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Library: Janet Singer is the author of Overcoming OCD: A Journey to Recovery. Janet will talk about her family’s journey, including her decision to write the book. For more details see dedicated post.
Friday, June 12, 2015
- Bingo (12:30 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Come join Lena and Frank for an afternoon of Bingo, fun, prizes and of course Frank’s jokes. Bingo will start promptly at 12:30. The room will be open at noon if you would like to bring and enjoy your lunch before numbers are called.
Saturday, June 13, 2015
- Southborough Gardeners’ Garden Tours (10:00 am – 2:00 pm) @ Begin by picking up the program and directions from the Community House, 28 Main St: Explore 7 gardens including those of Michael Weishan, the former host of The Victory Garden on PBS. Tickets can be purchased at the Southborough Library or via email at Southboroughgardeners@gmail.com. For more details see dedicated post.
- Police talk on Stranger Danger (10:30 am) @ Southborough Library: Officer Kevin Landry will address the community about Stranger Danger. Officer Landry will be available to answer any questions or concerns that you may have regarding Stranger Danger and how to protect your kids.