Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. (For more, check the Event Calendar.)
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For the Southborough Library’s regular storytime programs, click here for their events page. For the Southborough Senior Center’s ongoing classes, click here for their calendar.]
Tuesday, April 26, 2016
Horseback Riding (1:00 – 4:00 pm) carpooling from and to Southborough Senior Center: The Trailblazers will be saddling up for a one hour Trail Ride. The trip is limited to 12 riders (unless you have your own horse) Call 508-229-4453 to sign up. Suggested Donation: $10.00. For more details, click on flyer right.
- Pollinator Gardens (7:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Garden designer and author Ellen Sousa will address the importance of native plants for area pollinators. For more details, see dedicated post.
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
NSPAC presention on OCD and Anxiety (7:00 – 8:15 pm) @ Northborough Library: The Most Common Cause of OCD and Anxiety that Your Pediatrician Has not Heard of…P.A.N.D.A.S. This event is free and open to the public. For more details, click on flyer right.
Thursday, April 28, 2016
- Candidates Night (6:30 pm) @ Southborough Library: Annual public event hosted by the Library Trustees All candidates for town government offices are invited to make statements and participate in public Q&A. This year, the contests are between candidates for Town Moderator and the Planning Board. For more details, see dedicated post.
- Organic Gardening for Everyone (6:30 pm) @ South Union Building, 21 Highland St: Presentation by naturalist John Root. Learn natural and effective techniques for the cultivation of a variety of fruits, vegetables and flowers. Free admission, no registration required. For more details on what he’ll be covering, click here.
Friday, April 29, 2016
- Bingo (12:30 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Come join Frank and Lena for an afternoon of Bingo, fun, prizes and of course Frank’s jokes. Bingo will start promptly at 12:30. The room will be open at noon if you would like to bring and enjoy your lunch before numbers are called. Or purchase a lunch for $3 (please sign up if you plan to use that option.) To sign up, call (508) 229‐4453.
- An Evening to Breathe (5:00 pm) @ Pilgrim Church Fellowship Hall, Common Street: Pilgrim Church is hosting a Yogathon event to benefit Boston Children’s Hospital. Come for just one class or stay for all three! Free child care available. For more details, see dedicated post.
- Marimba Band benefit concert (7:30 – 7:30 pm) @ St. Mark’s School, Putnum Family Arts Center, the Class of ’45 Hall: St. Mark’s School is hosting a performance by a band from the Maru-a-Pula School out of Gaborone, Botswana. The concert is to raise funds for the school’s Orphan Scholarship Fund. Suggested donation $20. For more details, see dedicated post.
Saturday, April 30, 2016
- Scotts/MLB Pitch, Hit & Run (9:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Mooney Field, behind Finn School: Southborough Little League hosting the local competition for boys and girls ages 7 – 14. For more details, see dedicated post.
- Trail Clearing (9:00 – 11:30 am) @ meeting at the end of Ward Road: The Southborough Trail Committee will be working to clear the Sudbury Reservoir Trail. They are looking for volunteers to help. For details, see dedicated post.