Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. (For more, check the Event Calendar.)
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For the Southborough Library’s regular storytime programs, click here for their events page. For the Southborough Senior Center’s ongoing classes, click here for their calendar.]
Tuesday, June 14, 2016
- Boating for Seniors (10:00 – 11:00 am) @ Hopkinton State Park: A group of up to 8 people can utilize the Senior Center’s boating pass to use Kayaks, canoes, paddleboards, rowboats, and/or pedal boats. Pre-register through the Senior Center. For details, see dedicated post.
Wednesday, June 15, 2016
- Teen Crafternoon – decoupage (4:00 – 6:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, upstairs: A crafting activity for young adults (ages 12-19), sponsored by The Friends of the Southborough Library. This session, teens will decoupage jars. Artist Mandy Roberge describes:
All it takes is some carefully cut pages from old books, patterned paper, and magazines to turn a simple jar into an intricate work of art – whether it is to be used as a decorative holder or a tiny lantern.
- Evening of Jazz (7:00 pm) @ Trottier Middle School: Trottier’s Big Band will perform with special guest Jeffrey Leonard. For details, see dedicated post. But here’s an updated description of the special warmup act – T.L.C. Blues band:
a group of diverse learners in the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade who are included throughout our school community. They have worked closely with Mr. Clark this year, studying the Blues and making music. This is the TLC Blues Band first performance.
Friday, June 17, 2016
- Representative Dykema Local Office Hours (8:00 – 9:00 am) @ Red Barn Coffee, 205 Turnpike Road: Representative Dykema will be holding her quarterly office hours in town. Residents are encouraged to stop by to share concerns, questions and opinions on state issues or simply to chat over a cup of coffee. As always, if the scheduled office hours are not convenient for you, please call the office at (617) 722-2680 or email her aide at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a personal appointment either in the district or at the State House.
- Iftar Party (7:30 – 7:30 pm) @ St. Mark’s Church Parish Hall: Southborough and area Muslims are holding this special dinner during the month of Ramadan. The community (no matter religion) is invited to join them celebrating Iftar (breaking of the day’s fast). For details, see dedicated post.
Sunday, June 19, 2016
- Father’s Day Fun (4:00 – 8:00 pm) @ St Mark’s School Field (corner of Rtes 85 & 30): The Southborough Rotary Club is holding a family friendly Father’s Day celebration to raise funds for its scholarship program. For details, see dedicated post.
Updated (6/13/16 2:33 pm): I forgot to include the Trottier Jazz night.