It’s a quiet week in Southborough. Don’t bother looking for my “Week in Government” post. No meetings are scheduled for this week. (Though some could pop up later. You can check for the Town’s updated calendar here.)
As for entertainment options, here’s what’s on tap:
Tuesday, July 26, 2016
- Boating for Seniors (10:00 – 11:00 am) @ Hopkinton State Park: A group of up to 8 people can utilize the Senior Center’s boating pass to use Kayaks, canoes, paddleboards, rowboats, and/or pedal boats. See dedicated post for details.
- ScienceTellers (11:00 am) @ Southborough Library, Main Level: ScienceTellers combines science and storytelling to teach children about power and energy. For details, see dedicated post.
Wednesday, July 27, 2016
- Free Senior Matinee – The Big Short (12:00 – 2:10 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Comedic drama based on true story of four men who predicted the collapse of the credit and housing bubble and bet big on the outcome. (Rated R for “brief inappropriate scenes and very harsh language” ‧ 2h 10m) The room will be open at 11:30 if you would like to bring your lunch early to the show. To sign up call 508-229-4453.
- Pajama Story Time (7:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Come to the library in your pajamas to hear stories! This event will be held outside on the lawn, weather permitting, so bring a blanket. (In inclement weather, it will be held in the Children’s Room.) All welcome and no registration is necessary.
Thursday, July 28, 2016
- Legos at the Library (10:30 am – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Children are welcome to stop in to build with Legos, and display their creations in the Children’s Room. Legos will be provided, but all materials need to remain at the library. Parents or caregivers must stay with children during this event.