Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For those listings and more, check the Event Calendar.]
Tuesday, August 1, 2017
- Mr. Vinny – Bubble Guy (4:00 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, main level: There will be fun for all as big, giant, beautiful bubbles fill the air above while “Mr. Vinny” makes jokes, answers questions. Click here for dedicated post.
Wednesday, August 2, 2017
- Pajama Storytime (6:30 – 7:15 pm) @ Southborough Library: Bring a blanket and listen to stories outside on the lawn – weather permitting. (In the case of inclement weather, story time will be held in the Children’s Room).
Thursday, August 3, 2017
- Children’s Nature Journaling (10:30 – 11:30 am) @ Chestnut Hill Farm: Pre-registration is required. Sketching, writing, and drawing in a journal is a great way to improve children’s observation skills, help them gain an interest in science and the environment, and it’s a wonderful way to relax during a busy summer. For details and fees see dedicated post.
- Legos at the Library (10:30 am – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Children are welcome to stop in to build with Legos, and display their creations in the Children’s Room. Legos will be provided, but all materials need to remain at the library. Parents or caregivers must stay with children during this event.
- Southborough Summer Concert Series (6:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Neary School grounds: Free family friendly concerts at Neary School field by the tennis courts. Bring a blanket or lawn chairs. Rain Date: following Thursday. For rain date information call 508-485-0710 and press 8. For details, see dedicated post.
Friday, August 4, 2017
- Friday Farm Dinners (6:30 – 8:30 pm) @ Chestnut Hill Farm: Monthly dinner – pre registration required by 3 days prior. Come relax under the setting sun and enjoy a truly unique farm to table experience. From fresh vegetables and fruits, to local pasture raised meats and sustainable seafood, our partners will prepare each meal using the best ingredients available from our own and other local farms. For details and fees see dedicated post.
Saturday, August 5, 2017
- Meet the Farmer (10:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Chestnut Hill Farm: Monthly event – free to members but $5 per non-member. Meet the farmers who grow all of our delicious food! Desiree and the farm crew will be on-hand to answer all your questions about the CSA and vegetable operations. In addition to a basic meet and greet, each Saturday will feature educational and fun activities for kids and grown-ups. For details and fees see dedicated post.