The Southborough Fire Department responded to two fire incidents yesterday, one at a house on East Main Street, and another in a car on the Mass Pike. Here are details — and photos — courtesy of the fire department.
Small fire in East Main Street Home
Firefighters responded to a 9-1-1 call for a chair on fire in a house on East Main Street shortly after 5:00 PM on November 16th. Due to the nature of the call, a ladder truck was requested from Marlborough to respond. It was canceled en-route to the scene.
Arriving firefighters found an upholstered dining room chair had burned, and was removed from the house.
A stick candle, which was placed in a candle holder, apparently fell out of the holder, rolled across the table, and landed on the chair seat igniting it and the dining room table. Smoke detectors alerted the residents to the fire. A 13 year-old resident extinguished the fire using a dry chemical fire extinguisher.
No injuries were reported. Firefighters removed the smoke and dry chemical extinguishing agent from the house.
MassPike Car fire
Firefighters responded to the Massachusetts Turnpike Westbound, approximately 1 mile west of Woodland Road just before 10:00 AM on November 16th for a reported car fire.
Arriving firefighters found the engine compartment of the passenger car fully engulfed in flames.
The fire was extinguished within 10 minutes. All fire apparatus was clear of the incident at 10:42 AM.
No injuries were reported. The car was a total loss.