Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. (For more, check the Event Calendar.)
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For the Southborough Library’s regular storytime programs, click here for their events page. For the Southborough Senior Center’s ongoing classes, click here for their calendar.]
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
- Art Reception for Katie Dobberpuhl (7:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Eaton Meeting Room: An evening to celebrate local artist Katie Dobberpuhl, whose work has been on display in the Eaton Meeting Room since September. For details see dedicated post.
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
- Public Schools Early Dismissal for Thanksgiving Holiday
Thursday, November 26, 2015 – Thanksgiving
- Gobble Wobble – 9th Annual (8:30 – 10:00 am) @ Trottier Middle School: Fundraiser for Friends of Southborough Recreation 5k Road Race (8:30 start) CASH PRIZES TO TOP 3 MALE & FEMALE RUNNERS! 2 mile Family Walk (8:30 start) Free Kids’ Fun Run (9:30 start) Grouped by 3-5, 6-8 and 9-11. Each level has an appropriate distance to run on the track. Top male and female winners will recieve a trophy. Register online in advance (or day of beginning at 7:00 am.) For more details, see dedicated post.
- ARHS Thanksgiving Day game (10:15 am) @ Algonquin Regional High School: The annual Turkey Day match against rival Westborough High School traditionally pulls in a lot of alumni. This year, students will be collecting toys for Families in Transition at the game. Donations should be of new, unwrapped, non-violent toys for kids aged 3-12. They will be used to brighten the holidays of homeless children living in area “transition housing”. (For details, see tweet)
- Thanksgiving Dinner for seniors(12:00 to 3:00 pm)@ Woodville Rod & Gun Club, 252 Wood St, Hopkinton: Dinner is free! Donations are welcome, but not expected. To sign up or for more information, please contact Cindy Beard, the senior center’s outreach coordinator at 508-229-4453.
Friday, November 27, 2015
- No public school
Saturday, November 28, 2015
- ARHS’ Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony (1:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School cafeteria: 9th bi-annual ceremony for the ARHS’ Athletics Hall of Fame. The Hall of Fame honors former athletes and coaches. For more details, see dedicated post.
Monday, November 30, 2015
- No public school – Professional Development Day