If you’re interested in running for Town Office, you have just under four weeks to pull nomination papers. The deadline is 5:00 pm on Friday, March 22nd.
This year, the following seats are up for grabs in the May 14th election. (Unless otherwise specified, each have one seat available)*:
- Moderator – 1 year term
- Board of Selectmen – vote for two – 3 year term
- Board of Assessors – 3 year term
- Board of Commissioners of Trust Funds – 3 year term
- Board of Commissioners of Trust Funds – 2 year term
- Board of Health – 3 year term
- Board of Trustees Southborough Library – vote for two – 3 year term
- Northborough-Southborough Regional School Committee – Southborough candidate – 3 year term
- Planning Board – 5 year term
- School Committee – 3 year term
- Housing Authority – 5 year term
For those of you considering a run, note that you’ll need to collect signatures in time to file papers on March 26th. Click here to open the Town’s full list of vital dates. If you have questions about the responsibilities of the positions, you can find information here.
Those of you who aren’t planning to run, may still want to note some important dates in our Town democracy. The voter registration deadline is April 24th at 8:00 pm. And the final day to apply for an absentee ballot is noon on May 13th.
It’s too early to report on potential races or seats in danger of being vacant. Stay tuned for that over the next few weeks.
Updated (2/26 12:22 pm): I had accidentally listed that two seats were available for the School Committee. It’s only one this year.
Updated (2/26 12:36 pm): For interested readers, I compiled a list of which officials currently hold the seats that will be up for election this May. You can open that here. Note: It does not clarify which of them will run for re-election. We’ll have to stay tuned for that news.