Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For those listings and more, check the Event Calendar.]
Tuesday, September 17, 2019
- Autumn Fair Volunteer Mtg. (12:00 – 1:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Information meeting to find out how volunteers can support the annual fundraiser – the Friends of the COA’s Autumn Fair (November 23rd) Join them for a “bite to eat” and to learn more. Any questions, please call (508) 229-4453.
- Knitting Club (Senior Center Program) (1:00 – 2:00 pm) @ The Southborough Senior Center, 9 Cordaville Rd: Come join a wonderful group of ladies working on their own creations and discussing community projects. Stop by for a cup of coffee/tea and visit with the group or join right in! For details, contact the Senior Center at 508-229-4453.
Wednesday, September 18, 2019
- Southboro Wellness Customer Appreciation Day (10:00 am – 6:00 pm) @ 205 Turnpike Road: Southborough Wellness’ Anniversary event with seated massages, Reiki, Accupuncture, raffles, makeup demonstrations, refreshments and sale items. For details, see dedicated post.
- Movie Matinee – The Upside (1:00 – 3:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Free movie screening for seniors. Rated PG‐13, funny and warm‐hearted buddy comedy Length: 2 hours and 6 Minutes Inspired by a true story A recently paroled ex‐convict(Kevin Hart) strikes up an unusual and unlikely friendship with a quadriplegic billionaire (Bryan Cranston). Please sign up at the front desk or call (508) 229‐4453. Snacks will be provided.
- 6th Grade Dance Lessons (6:30 – 7:30 pm) @ Trottier Middle School: It’s the first night of the annual tradition of dance classes for 6th graders at Trottier. Registration is required.
Thursday, September 19, 2019
- Northborough’s Applefest: Northborough’s annual multi-day festival. Thursday events include: Girl Scout Pizza Dinner and PTO Frisbee Children’s Event. See dedicated post for details.
- ARHS Senior Parent College Night (6:30 pm) @ Algonquin auditorium
- Southborough Genealogy Club (7:00 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Library: This is an informal group meeting where you can learn and share tips about resources for researching family history. This monthly event is free and open to the public. Bring your laptop, log into Ancestry.com, and join in! If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, September 20, 2019
- Northborough’s Applefest @ Northborough: Northborough’s annual multi-day festival. Friday events include: Bake-Off, Luncheon, Magic Show, and Gala. See dedicated post for details.
Saturday, September 21, 2019
- Northborough’s Applefest @ Northborough: Northborough’s annual multi-day festival. Saturday events include: 5K Road Race, Junior Woman’s Apple Pie Cafe, Trinity Church Fun Day, Friends of Library Side Walk Book Sale, Visit with Snow White, Fire Department Open House, Farmers Market, Rotary Club Street Fair, Hike at Edmunds Hill, Art Guild Show and Art in Bloom, Church of Nativity Fall Festival, American Legion Chicken BBQ, BBQ, Concert, Games, and Contra Dance. See dedicated post for details.
- Fay School Farmers Market (10:00 am – 1:00 pm) @ Harlow Circle in front of Fay’s Primary School, 25 Middle Rd: Local produce, prepared food, and handmade goods by local vendors, as well as crafts for children, games, and musical performances by Fay students and faculty members. This week’s kids’ theme is Local Heroes, including at touch-a-truck event from 10-11. For details, see dedicated post.
- Pleasant Pairings (1:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: An educational and engaging talk highlighting the history and health beneﬁts of tea and dark chocolate (cacao). Participants can sample a perfect pairing of tea, tea infused food, as well as various chocolates. For more details, see dedicated post.
Sunday, September 22, 2019
- Northborough’s Applefest @ Northborough: Northborough’s annual multi-day festival. Sunday events include: Boy Scout Pancake Breakfast, Trinity Church Craft Fair, Classic Car Show, Visit Snow White, Art Guild Show and Art in Bloom, Cultural Festival, Parade, and Taste of Northborough. See dedicated post for details.
- Closing Poetry Walk for Art on the Trails (3:30 – 5:30 pm) @ Beals Preserve: To mark the closing of the 2019 Art On the Trails exhibit, “Marking Territory”, poetry inspired by the exhibit will be read along the trail. For details, see dedicated post.
- Farm-to-Table Dinner (4:00 – 6:00 pm) @ Chestnut Hill Farm, Chestnut Hill Road: (The 9/6 event was rescheduled to this time.) Enjoy a lovely al fresco dinner at Chestnut Hill Farm! Advance reservations are required and registration closes three days before each dinner. Register here.
Updated (9/16/19 4:47 pm): I accidentally had the wrong time listed for the Farm-to-Table Dinner. It was rescheduled to allow ending before dusk.
Updated (9/18/19 9:02 am): I forgot to addd the Library’s Tea and Chocolate event “Pleasant Pairings” to my calendar. I added it to Saturday’s events above.
Updated (9/18/19 10:00 am): I also forgot today’s Customer Appreciation event and Saturday’s kickoff to the Farmer’s Market.
Updated (9/18/19 4:00 pm): Clearly, I’ve been too preoccupied lately! I also missed adding the closing of Art on the Trails to the calendar. That takes place on Sunday.
The Harvestfest at Chestnut Hill was amazing. So great to see so many vendors and residents. Ton of family activities, food and beverage… really was right up there with the summer food trucks. Kudos to the organizers for putting on such a great event for community.
@New Resident, we are so happy to hear you enjoyed HarvestFest! Thank you so much. We have many fun events coming up this fall and winter – we hope to see you at the farm again soon!