Here is a selection of the committee and board meetings for the week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
Unfortunately, I didn’t have time today to go through all of the meeting agendas to copy links and pull out highlights like I usually do.
For most, I included a link to the meeting calendar with agendas on the Town website. I did take the time to get into details for some of the committees that usually generate the most interest – the Board of Selectmen, school committees, and Zoning Board of Appeals.
Unless otherwise noted on agendas, all of these meetings are open to the public, so you’re welcome to stop on by.
Be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, September 16, 2019
- Recreation Commission, 7:30 pm @ Recreation Building, South Union Building, 21 Highland St (agenda in Town calendar)
- Economic Development Committee, 8:00 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda in Town calendar)
Tuesday, September 17, 2019
- Open Space Preservation Commission, 10:30 am @ Recreation Building, 21 Highland St (agenda in Town calendar)
- Public Safety Building Committee, 5:30 pm @ Public Safety Building, Public Meeting Room, 32 Cordaville Rd (agenda in Town calendar)
- Northborough School Committee, Southborough School Committee, Northborough – Southborough Regional School Committee – Policy Development Subcommittees, 5:30 pm @ Neary School, Office of the Superintendent, 53 Parkerville Rd (agenda in Town calendar)
- Board of Trustees Southborough Library, 6:00 pm @ Southborough Library, Ella Eaton Room, 25 Main St (agenda in Town calendar)
- Economic Development Committee, 6:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda in Town calendar)
- Board of Selectmen, 6:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda with packet) Agenda Highlights: Update on Public Safety Building, FY21 Budget Intro presentation, Short Term Note Issuance, EDC Report on Downtown Initiative, DPW Recommendations on Pine Hill Road improvements, and open Warrant for Annual Town Meeting – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM*
- Southborough Trails Committee, 7:00 pm @ Historical Society Museum, 25 Common St (agenda in Town calendar)
- Advisory Committee, 7:30 pm @ Cordaville Hall, Room B, 9 Cordaville Rd (agenda in Town calendar)
Wednesday, September 18, 2019
- Combined School Committee Meeting, 6:00 pm @ Algonquin Regional High School, 79 Bartlett Street, Northborough (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Start Time Update – Distribution of report for future discussion; Launching PreK-12 Music Study Group; Second reading of Visitation and Observation policy – Broadcast live by NCAT**
- Southborough Housing Authority, 6:30 pm @ Colonial Gardens, 49 Boston Rd (agenda in Town calendar)
- Zoning Board of Appeals, 7:00 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Hearings onfor attached garages proposed at 43 Highland St home (setback variance) and 7 Winchester St home (special permit) – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM*
- Regional School Committee Meeting , 7:00 pm @ Algonquin Regional High School, 79 Bartlett St, Northborough (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Back to School update, Enrollments, and FY21 Budget priorities – Broadcast live by NCAT**
- Master Plan Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm @ Southborough Senior Center – Rooms A & B, 9 Cordaville Rd (agenda in Town calendar)
*Southborough Access Media will broadcast the meeting(s) live on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. Click here to see this week’s schedule with rebroadcast times. (Videos are also usually made available through their YouTube channel by the following morning.)
**Northborough Cable Access Television will live broadcast the meeting on Verizon-29 and Charter-194. (Note: The meeting will eventually be rebroadcast. But expect to wait several days before a time and link are posted to NCAT’s schedule.)