Here is a selection of the committee and board meetings for the week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
The Town intends to make each of its meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom.*
Be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, May 18, 2020
- Planning Board Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Administrative Status of Warrant Articles including Indefinitely Postponing; Planner’s Report
- Recreation Commission Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on programming, projects in progress, meeting with CPC, and playground behind Town Hall; Discuss status of dept/plans based on any issued state guidance for summer camps and activities [Editor’s Note: The state guidance issued today indicates camps will be allowed to open in “Phase 2” of the state’s reopening plan.]
Tuesday, May 19, 2020
- Board of Selectmen Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Interview volunteer for Historical Commission; Updates on Memorial Day observances and Assabet School Committee; Revised FY21 Budget; Discuss Open Space & Rec Plan; Vote on reappointing listed staff positions for FY21 (including legal counsels); Authorize applying for CPA grant for Town House improvements; Update on impact of COVID-19; Public comment – [Editor’s Note: No budget is included in the packet. In case you missed Friday night’s post, you can read about revisions to the budget here.]
- Municipal Technology Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda and meeting packet) Agenda Highlights: COVID-19 risk mitigation via technology; Tech status updates and Budget reviews; Strategic tech plan & tech use surveys
Wednesday, May 20, 2020
- Personnel Board Meeting, 12:00 pm (agenda and meeting packet) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Town Meeting, Hiring Freeze, and other employment; request to suspend FY20 discretionary spending; FY21 Budget adjustment and performance raises; BOS Draft policy on working/returning to work under Covid-19
- Housing Authority, 6:30 pm (meeting is listed as scheduled but as of this morning no agenda was yet posted. Click here to check for updated info.)
- Trails Committee, 6:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (meeting is listed as scheduled but as of this morning no agenda was yet posted. Click here to check for updated info.)
- Northborough-Southborough Regional School Committee, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Public hearing and vote on School Choice; COVID-19 Health Situation; Library presentation; Ratify Teacher’s Association agreement; Principal update, graduation; Enrollments; Vote to amend FY21 budget; 2nd readings of policies bullying prevention & intervention and conflict of interest – via webinar**
Thursday, May 21, 2020
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 6:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Continued discussion of FY 21 budget and any other budget related items; Public Comment
- Stewardship Committee, 6:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (meeting is listed as scheduled but as of this morning no agenda was yet posted. Click here to check for updated info.)
*There is the caveat that there could be technical glitches that force the Town to take backup actions:
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on Southborough’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
**Northborough Cable Access Television will hold the Regional School Committee meeting with hearing via webinar. (Click here for Webinar pre-registration.) The meeting will also be broadcast on Verizon-29 and Charter-194 and via live stream. The meeting will also be rebroadcast and available through NCAT’s VOD player and YouTube channel.
Updated (5/18/20 1:46 pm): An updated version of the Regional School Committee agenda has been posted with the corrected webinar link.