Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options.**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule (and agendas) are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the Town website.
Monday, August 22, 2022
- Planning Board Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Town House Hearing Room, 17 Common St and zoom (agenda and packet, hearing materials) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearings on 250 Turnpike Road Storage Facility Site Plan, Warrant Articles for bylaws on Tree Protection and Scenic Roads; Discuss 40B at Park Central proposal; School Street Stone Wall, Scenic Road; Davis Road Island Removal; National Grid Vegetation Maintenance/Tree Removal; Accessory Apartments zoning code; Environmental Controls Bylaw
Tuesday, August 23, 2022
- Board of Health Meeting, 9:30 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Progress of Sound Barrier at Ken’s Warehouse; Placeholder for Special Town Meeting; DPH Staff Assessment Study; Tobacco Regs; Fitzgerald’s Market progress and plan; Housing Inspection for 59 Central St; Noise Policy & Guidance
- Southborough Stewardship Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Farm dump remediation, Property Map, and Community Gardens; Breakneck Hill management
- Historical Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Village Society’s 100th anniversary; 84 Main St decorative fencing and Preservation Restriction periodic review; Record keeping; letterhead/logo; web hosting invoices; Historic District Signage update and mock-ups; Demolition Delay updates on 22 Edgewood Rd, 89 Framingham Rd, and 42 Main St “Doc Stone House”; St. Mark’s St Park update; Officer election; Discuss Scenic Roads Bylaw
Thursday, August 25, 2022
- Board of Commissioners of Trust Fund Meeting, 8:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: text
- Combined School Committees Meeting, 4:30 pm @ Algonquin Regional High School Library, 79 Bartlett St, Northborough (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Special, facilitated meeting to focus on strategic communication between school committee members and K-12 schools/districts’ families, staff, and the broader community
- Conservation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearings on 17 General Henry Knox Rd demolition and pool filling, 200 Turnpike Rd warehouse and salt shed, 250 Turnpike Rd, new home; Requests for Certificate of Compliance for 10 Metcalf Lane and 0 Cordaville Rd; Vilation at 169 Parkerville Rd; Chestnut Hill Farm Management Plan; Scenic Rd bylaw discussion; SMP bylaw and regs update; Breakneck HIll Dump update
Below is a meeting from last week that was posted after I ran last week’s list:
Friday, day, 2022
- Economic Development Committee Meeting, 8:15 am (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Coordinator Update; EEA Grant Report; Reliant Medical; EDC Goals; Potential EDC Warrant Articles for Special Town Meeting
- Select Board Meeting, 9:00 am (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Review/approve an expenditure for VHB for a landscape architecture plan for the St. Mark’s Pocket Park
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- Southborough School Committee meetings are generally broadcast live by Southborough Access Media here and on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. (Video replays are also usually made available through their YouTube channel within a day or two.)
- Regional School Committee meetings (or Combined meetings based at Algonquin) are broadcast by Northborough Cable Access here and on Verizon-29 and Charter-194. The meetings are also eventually rebroadcast and available through NCAT’s VOD player and YouTube channel (though that can take several days).
- Town committees and boards that advertise remote meetings can be joined on zoom (details here). They are also streamed live and saved for replay via the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (Though, occasionally there are glitches.) If they don’t advertise a remote option, assume that only in-person attendance is allowed.